Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 109 Reasons Why Deej, Lou & Lou's Wife think RZ's Halloween Sucks Balls

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Bassman... there are films like that... films I love to watch to tear apart, but this one is such a shitfest I can't even make myself watch it. Seriously i consider LAND oscar caliber material next to this film.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Seriously i consider LAND oscar caliber material next to this film.
    Damn. That means a lot coming from you.

I was looking through some older posts about the Halloween remake and it's funny how you liked the script and were so excited for it.

I suppose the main reason I can enjoy the new Halloween is that I've never really been a fan of the original. I don't really see what makes it great to so many. It's not really bad, but just run of the mill stuff that doesn't really shock or scare me at all really. Seeing Michael's background added a great deal of the fear for me. Much scarier than just some random tall bloke with a tendency to kill.

Carpenter's best work was The Thing, by far. Hell...Vampies is better than Halloween, imo.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I was looking through some older posts about the Halloween remake and it's funny how you liked the script and were so excited for it.
    Hell Bassman, I was one of the loudest voices rooting for RZ and the Halloween remake. I figured if anyone could do it and do it right, RZ would.

I was wrong.

United States
    The only thing that made the old ones even watchable was Donald Pleasance.
    I normally like Malcolm, but even he couldn't save this turdfest. Donald's shoes were a bit big to fill.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    RZ's Halloween is the shiznit. That is all.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    haha, didn't beat my list of 110.

And you repeated yourself a fair few times there.

I found the list quite funny though, even though I dig the movie. It doesn't beat the original (no fucking way), and it's not perfect either, but I rather dig the movie ... and while H2 was a step down for me, it's undeniable that H2 stayed in my head and haunted me for days and days in a good way. Some of H2 was fucking retarded and badly written, but other parts were seriously fucking cool, and I had this profound - but entirely unexplainable - sense of respect for H2 after watching it.

Perhaps H2 has some hidden message hidden inside it, like if you play it backwards it'll be revealed.

BTW - here's my "110 reasons in 110 minutes why Yawn04 is crap" list for those who wanna re-read it, or haven't read it yet, and/or fancy comparing it to Deej, Lou and Lou's Lady's list:

PART ONE:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/03...yawn04-is.html

PART TWO:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/03...hy-yawn04.html

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    haha, didn't beat my list of 110.

And you repeated yourself a fair few times there.
    This is true, but we could've easily come up with more. The only reason we stopped at 109 is, well... it might've had something to do with Dj screaming "DO WE REALLY HAVE TO KEEP WATCHING THIS?!" every 15 goddamn minutes.

I think our list is more entertaining than the fucking movie itself, to be honest.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    This is true, but we could've easily come up with more. The only reason we stopped at 109 is, well... it might've had something to do with Dj screaming "DO WE REALLY HAVE TO KEEP WATCHING THIS?!" every 15 goddamn minutes.
    TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I think our list is more entertaining than the fucking movie itself, to be honest.

VERY VERY TRUE!

BTW MZ... bout fucking time you chimed in
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 20-Apr-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, "bout time" eh? Cor, the cheek of it.

I was off doing some work and then stumbled upon this 'ere list a mere five hours later, I blame time zones ... those trisky bastards.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    lol, "bout time" eh? Cor, the cheek of it.

I was off doing some work and then stumbled upon this 'ere list a mere five hours later, I blame time zones ... those trisky bastards.
    Work you say eh? I don't buy it, but it's ok.

And yes, while we did repeat a few items they deserved repeating because they stood out as that awful. Also, yes I did scream every 15 minutes to please shut it off. I have literally never wasted 2 hours of my life like I did re-watching this god awful piece of SHIT!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Work you say eh? I don't buy it, but it's ok.

And yes, while we did repeat a few items they deserved repeating because they stood out as that awful. Also, yes I did scream every 15 minutes to please shut it off. I have literally never wasted 2 hours of my life like I did re-watching this god awful piece of SHIT!
    Muahahahahahaaaaaaa ...

Makes me feel better after last night's Assassin's Creed 2 frustration (see shout box).

I had a brief skim over my 110 reasons list last night, just the first 30, and I have to admit I lol'd ... I should do another bitch list sometime, but I can't think of a movie I'd wanna do one for.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Muahahahahahaaaaaaa ...

Makes me feel better after last night's Assassin's Creed 2 frustration (see shout box).

I had a brief skim over my 110 reasons list last night, just the first 30, and I have to admit I lol'd ... I should do another bitch list sometime, but I can't think of a movie I'd wanna do one for.
    SURVIVAL would be a good start.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    SURVIVAL would be a good start.
    Perhaps our next project, Dj?

Then again, *I* might be the one screaming "DO WE REALLY HAVE TO WATCH THIS AGAIN?!" this time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I still say that next time we record it as a commentary that people can download and listen to while watching the movie. We put in sound markers of when and where to start and stop the movie.

Douching on a film in real time can be quite a funny thing... when you do it right.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    I still say that next time we record it as a commentary that people can download and listen to while watching the movie.
    No one is going to want to listen to us scream "TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF!" for 2 hours straight.

Oh, wait, we're not going to be watching Halloween again, so perhaps it could work.