Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOOHOO!!! It's 4/20

United States

WOOHOO!!! It's 4/20

Who's celebrating?!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Such activities are illegal in the United States of America. That being said.....I wish I was.

Although truthfully I find this "holiday" to be a bit silly. If you smoke, you most likely smoke often, so what's the point in having a holiday to do so?
    Last edited by bassman; 20-Apr-2010 at 07:35 PM.

United States
    i have a lot of schoolwork going on lately (a shitload, as a matter of fact) and am scheduled to work this evening. thinking one of my friends would be willing to pick up a few hours, i called him up to see if he'd take my shift tonight...his answer: "nah, brah, it's 420 dude. i don't do anything on 420 but blaze all day. no school, work, nuthing. just chill and blaze." thanks, dude. enjoy your holiday, chong.

United States
    Celebrating?!

I am reverantly observing this Holiest of the High Holy Days.

Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Such activities are illegal in the United States of America. That being said.....I wish I was.

Although truthfully I find this "holiday" to be a bit silly. If you smoke, you most likely smoke often, so what's the point in having a holiday to do so?
    Bassman, live by my motto: "It's only illegal if you get caught"

Not only that, I have a medical condition - it's called not smoking enough.

The point of having the holiday? Well, that I don't know. I guess it's just an excuse to blaze the entire day and not feel guilty about it. Not that guilt ever plays a part with me.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well actually this is some made up BS, the holiday that is because today is actually HITLER's birthday.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Well actually this is some made up BS, the holiday that is because today is actually HITLER's birthday.
    Exactly - and the whole point is to smoke enough so you forget Hitler even existed.

GAME ON!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    "It's only illegal if you get caught"
    I used to say the same thing........Until I got caught.

No way i'm going to risk that now with a baby and family. Much too risky. That's always been the worst part of pot. There's virtually nothing wrong with it, imo. I used to enjoy the hell out of it. The only downside is the law hammering down on you when you get caught.

United States
    I used to say the same thing........Until I got caught.

No way i'm going to risk that now with a baby and family. Much too risky. That's always been the worst part of pot. There's virtually nothing wrong with it, imo. I used to enjoy the hell out of it. The only downside is the law hammering down on you when you get caught.
    Understandable.

The good thing is, it's up for a legalization vote in California this November, so you never know, we could get lucky. I never EVER thought I would EVER see that happen in my lifetime. It probably won't get a "yes" vote, but the fact it's making it onto the ballot is a step in the right direction.

United States
    It's not a proper holiday without a Rankin-Bass animated special, anyway.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Who's celebrating?!

Me. Some guy at work told me to remember to smoke at 4:20. I told him it's always 4:20 somewhere in da world... or damn near close enough!

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Ha, we should all be doing meth instead then. I saw the History Channel thing on weed and meth last night, they said he was a raging tweeker, lol.

United States
    All this talk about the wacky stuff (for which I never touch and have no interest) is making me want a beer. I'm not a druggie in the least but I'm a proud drunk (I have a card in my pocket to prove it, my AA all the way card -- Alcoholics of America). Other than Octoberfest, there needs to be more days to celebrate the joy of drinking beer. St. Patrick's Day works I suppose, but that's more of an unofficial drinking beer day as official.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    I'm not a druggie in the least
    As I said earlier I don't smoke, but druggie shouldn't be used to describe someone that smokes marijuana, imho. There's a big difference between your typical "druggie"(coke, crack, meth, etc) and someone that smokes pot. Just my .02

United States
    As I said earlier I don't smoke, but druggie shouldn't be used to describe someone that smokes marijuana, imho. There's a big difference between your typical "druggie"(coke, crack, meth, etc) and someone that smokes pot. Just my .02
    I agree that there's a difference between being an occasional 'smoker' as opposed to an all out heroin addict, but someone who still uses narcotics could still be classified as a druggie just as someone who drinks occasionally could be still classified as a drunk. I guess there's a good argument that there should be better words to describe the level of use for people that use narcotics and/or drinks regularly v. someone who does it occasionally (such as alcoholic v. drunk and ? v. druggie I suppose?).

But, yeah, I get what you're saying and I agree... but is there a better word to describe the use of illegal drugs? I always preferred Professional Beer Drinker myself as opposed to drunk, I guess Professional Herbal Tester works?

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Undisclosed
    Generally Ive not heard people refer to Marijuana as a narcotic.

From a legal perspective, narcotic refers to opium, opium derivatives, and their semi-synthetic substitutes.

Though in some circles it has become common to refer to any illicit substance as a narcotic.... but under that definition Alcohol was a narcotic under prohibition.

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!