View Poll Results: WHAT MOVIE SHOULD LOU & DEEJ RECORD A LOVE/HATE COMMENTARY FOR?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • LAND of the DEAD (2005)

5 27.78%
  • TREMORS (1990)

7 38.89%
  • BUBBA HO-TEP

1 5.56%
  • SURVIVAL of the DEAD

2 11.11%
  • THE DEVIL's REJECTS

1 5.56%
  • FRIDAY THE 13th 1-4 & 6 (no 5, 7-10)

0 0%
  • HOUSE on HAUNTED HILL (1999 version)

0 0%
  • RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 1 & 2

1 5.56%
  • A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984)

0 0%
  • ALIENS

1 5.56%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Deej & lou movie commentary thread - pick the movie

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    So what you're saying is you are still in the bottom 1% of folks who like LAND?
    How does that even work?

There's "Liker" and above that is "Quite Liker" and above that is "Lover". I dipped from "Lover" to "Quite Liker" in recent years, but that's as far as I'll dip. Interestingly my estimations of Diary have been all over the place, but have been growing in recent years, but I'm still generally "meh" about Diary.

Survival, though, I really rather dig ... and a second viewing cemented my opinion. Any flaws I found with it I saw immediately, so my reaction is much more even-keel, if that makes sense.

United States
    Do Night of the Creeps. Aliens, zombies, homicidal ax wielding maniacs, sarority gals? How can you go wrong?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    How does that even work?

There's "Liker" and above that is "Quite Liker" and above that is "Lover". I dipped from "Lover" to "Quite Liker" in recent years, but that's as far as I'll dip. Interestingly my estimations of Diary have been all over the place, but have been growing in recent years, but I'm still generally "meh" about Diary.

Survival, though, I really rather dig ... and a second viewing cemented my opinion. Any flaws I found with it I saw immediately, so my reaction is much more even-keel, if that makes sense.
    You can like it, Love it, don't care for it or hate it. I don't think Quite Liker is even allowed with the category.

So we will say you rather enjoy Land, but don't love it.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Do Night of the Creeps. Aliens, zombies, homicidal ax wielding maniacs, sarority gals? How can you go wrong?
    I would love too, but to be honest it would just be a 90 minute giggle fest. No matter how many times I watch that movie I never get bored and would have nothing to say because I would be speechless from laughter.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    So your recent epiphany with Land didn't teach you anything?
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    So your recent epiphany with Land didn't teach you anything?
    Yeah... that he is a quite liker and not a lover.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yeah... that he is a quite liker and not a lover.
    Is there something funny attached to the term "quite like" that I'm not aware off? Why are you repeating it so much?

Dying

Undisclosed
    This is the first time I've enjoyed watching this movie. And you're right it does stink, but there were some good special effects.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Is there something funny attached to the term "quite like" that I'm not aware off? Why are you repeating it so much?
    He just can't accept that I have a scale of movie appreciation for Land that doesn't fit his own model.

As for Survival, as I said, any flaws it has I saw immediately - for instance I really wasn't too sure about the flick at the very beginning, but I slowly got into it, and it even made me laugh out loud more than once and was a fun-as-hell time. In my mind it only had to compete with the other Toronto-era GAR flicks and nothing more.

So what I'm saying is, my opinion of Survival shouldn't be any where near as tumultuous as with Diary, nor should it slip down a couple of rungs on the 'ladder of love' like Land has done over time (I flat-out loved Land when I first saw it, so it was only over time that the problems I find to be problems began to present themselves to me).

Deej though seems to be acting like an opposition party politician, trying to make more of my perfectly reasonable and explained comment than there is. Playin' silly buggers...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I am just goofing around because MZ is cool to take it on the cuff like that. Some people need to learn from MZ and lighten up.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    I am just goofing around because MZ is cool to take it on the cuff like that. Some people need to learn from MZ and lighten up.
    Deej is always bustin' balls and talking smack, so it's kinda part of the package.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Deej is always bustin' balls and talking smack, so it's kinda part of the package.
    BINGO! Give that man a CEE-GAR!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States

I would love too, but to be honest it would just be a 90 minute giggle fest. No matter how many times I watch that movie I never get bored and would have nothing to say because I would be speechless from laughter.
    I still answer my phone like the detective...
    "Thrill me."
    Wait, explain gigglefest. Are you saying it sucked? I think that movie is all around one of the best ever made. Love the camp, love it all. Very feel good...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh by no means do I thin Night of the Creeps sucked. It is one of my all time favorite B movies. I consider that and Chopping Mall to be my all time favorite goofy horror flicks, and casting Tom Atkins in Creeps was friggin brilliant. He made the movie.

Det. Camero: Thrill me!

Desk officer: Det Cameron???

Det Cameron: No, Bozo the clown!

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    I think I might have made it up to "don't quite dislike" Land myself. And I quite like the idea of liking Land more than I used to. They need to release an anti-director's cut that takes out the river crossing - the zombies literally just appear on the other side as if by magic - and replace any monetary reference that Cholo makes with a food reference. "I want you to give me my ... packages of food ... that are in your bank, plus all the other ... food rations ... that you have."

I don't think Survival lends itself to first impression becoming long-time opinions, personally. The movie has a lot of layers of plot and commentary. I think repeated viewings over a period of time might tend to expose aspects that hadn't been noticed or considered previously. Notice I didn't say "flaws." There are subtle things about it that might tend to make someone like it more over time. Or less. It's just not super cut-and-dried like the others.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    On Fan-edit.org someone made a LAND re-cut that removes a lot of the crap that drags the movie down. It also only runs 54 minutes, but it made it more enjoyable for me especially the removal of Big Daddy.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!