View Poll Results: WHAT MOVIE SHOULD LOU & DEEJ RECORD A LOVE/HATE COMMENTARY FOR?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • LAND of the DEAD (2005)

5 27.78%
  • TREMORS (1990)

7 38.89%
  • BUBBA HO-TEP

1 5.56%
  • SURVIVAL of the DEAD

2 11.11%
  • THE DEVIL's REJECTS

1 5.56%
  • FRIDAY THE 13th 1-4 & 6 (no 5, 7-10)

0 0%
  • HOUSE on HAUNTED HILL (1999 version)

0 0%
  • RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 1 & 2

1 5.56%
  • A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984)

0 0%
  • ALIENS

1 5.56%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Deej & lou movie commentary thread - pick the movie

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Say what you will about the character or performance....but I just don't see how the movie could play with all of his scenes cut out.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Say what you will about the character or performance....but I just don't see how the movie could play with all of his scenes cut out.
    I should re=phrase that.

His over the top... I AM AN ANGRY OPPRESSED ZOMBIE scenes were cut, he still does appear, but not in the smart zombie looking really stupid and dragging down a potentially decnet zombie flick sort of way.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Just wanted to future-proof myself in case any of you folks supping on the Land Haterade wanting to poke me with the annoying stick.
    *grabs annoying stick and pokes MZ*

You mean like that?

*poke* *poke*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Oh by no means do I thin Night of the Creeps sucked. It is one of my all time favorite B movies. I consider that and Chopping Mall to be my all time favorite goofy horror flicks
    Chopping Mall is cinematic goodness.

So many great ones...
    Bad Taste
    Killer Clowns from Outer Space
    Student Bodies
    Bubba Ho-Tep, of course
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    *grabs annoying stick and pokes MZ*

You mean like that?

*poke* *poke*

Hey, friends share... Give me that stick.

Hey MZ

*POKE* *POKE*

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    *poke*

Apparenty our stick isn't sharp enough, Dj. Got a pocket knife I can borrow?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    *poke*

Apparenty our stick isn't sharp enough, Dj. Got a pocket knife I can borrow?
    I have a samurai sword. Will that work?

-- -------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Chopping Mall is cinematic goodness.

So many great ones...
    Bad Taste
    Killer Clowns from Outer Space
    Student Bodies
    Bubba Ho-Tep, of course
    Chopping Mall is great stuff, as is Bubba Ho-Tep.

Can't comment on the others because I have only watched them once each and nothing really stuck with me out of the viewing.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Nevermind all this poking ... re-recorded the Tremors love fest'tary yet?

I can poke too.

United States
    Can't comment on the others because I have only watched them once each and nothing really stuck with me out of the viewing.
    You need to take a run at Bad Taste then. It was created by Peter Jackson, who as we all know, went on to make Lord of the Rings. It's just one long ridiculous romp.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    You need to take a run at Bad Taste then. It was created by Peter Jackson, who as we all know, went on to make Lord of the Rings. It's just one long ridiculous romp.
    I like Dead-Alive aka Brain Dead, and The Frighteners, but otherwise I am not a Peter Jackson fan. Although I may give Bad Taste another looksie

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

I can poke too.
    Nope... and with a US holiday weekend upon us and my film fest committments this weekend, and Lou's Plans this weekend, it most likely won't happen until June 4/5 or June 11/12 at the earliest.

Plus I may have to sue George Romero for copyright infringement. Which will keep me busy (it seems his Blu-Ray release of Survival calls itself Ultimate UNDEAD EDITION and my HD DVD for Deadlands 2 was known as the UNDEAD Edition since August 2009)

LOL J/K of course on suing uncle George.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 25-May-2010 at 01:49 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States

I can poke too.
    Lol, no, like Dj said, my schedule is a bit out of whack due to the memorial day holiday weekend this weekend. We'll get it done the first or 2nd weekend in June, don't worry.

*poke*

I like Dead-Alive aka Brain Dead, and The Frighteners, but otherwise I am not a Peter Jackson fan. Although I may give Bad Taste another looksie

Oh dear GOD no! I've seen both Bad Taste and Dead-Alive, and lets put it this way - I've only seen Bad Taste once, and the copy I had of Dead-Alive that my mother-in-law gave me one year for my b-day? Well, Dj has it now because I couldn't give it away fast enough.

How he went from making movies like that to Lord of the Rings is beyond me. The only Peter Jackson flick I like is The Frighteners.

Oh, I did like his cameo in Hot Fuzz, even if it was just for a few seconds.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    How he went from making movies like that to Lord of the Rings is beyond me. The only Peter Jackson flick I like is The Frighteners.
    WORD. Jackson's best flick yet, imo. Highly underrated. I love everything about this movie.

Those walking fairy flicks can go fuck themselves. His King Kong was decent, though. Definitely better than the 78(?) version...
    Last edited by bassman; 25-May-2010 at 02:06 PM.

United States
    [SIZE=1]Plus I may have to sue George Romero for copyright infringement. Which will keep me busy (it seems his Blu-Ray release of Survival calls itself Ultimate UNDEAD EDITION and my HD DVD for Deadlands 2 was known as the UNDEAD Edition since August 2009)

LOL J/K of course on suing uncle George.
    Was I not the one who said the poster looked like a direct ripoff of the DL2 poster? Zombie chick and all? Now this "undead edition"? Me thinks someone is watching you closely.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    WORD. Jackson's best flick yet, imo. Highly underrated. I love everything about this flick.

Those walking fairy flicks can go fuck themselves. His King Kong was decent, though. Definitely better than the 78(?) version...
    "Michael J Fox was the BOMB in Frighteners..." "Word, bitch. Frighteners like a motherfucker!" *virtual high-five*

The problem I had with King Kong was the length. 3 hours was WAY too much. Spend 20 minutes on the boat, 20 minutes on the island, then give KK a hour to rip new york city to shit. Movie over in under 2 hours. Done.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 25-May-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    *joins in on the M J Fox high five festival*

I love The Frighteners. I also love Jackson's earlier work, and his huge budget epic work. I rather enjoyed his King Kong - a big, blubbery, good-looking epic. I found myself charging through it quite well. I assumed the running time would drag, but amazingly me and my Dad charged through it in one evening (we had been going to spread it out over two nights, but it flew by nicely).

Bad Taste, while I've only seen it once, is proper indie filmmaking and good stuff. Meet The Feebles, which followed, is a creepy-ass movie in one way, and nutso in another ... I've seen that twice now. Braindead aka Dead Alive is an utter gore classic - how anyone can't dig that movie is beyond me - I've seen it multiple times.

Never saw the one he did with Kate Winslet and that chick from Two And A Half Men, one day perhaps ... The Frighteners, which I've also seen many times, is tip-top fun.

Then, yes, The Lord of the Rings. I've seen each movie at least twice, or even three times, and have the extended 4-disc DVD packages for each flick. Haven't seen then in a long old while, but when I'm feeling the vibe again I'll dig them out. Amazing how the first is almost a decade old!

United States
    psssst, hey, MZ... found a smiley for ya:

Yeah, The Frighteners is one of those movies I always stop on if I'm flipping the channels and come across it. There's just something so entertaining about that flick.. I think some of it has to do with R. Lee Ermey too.. love that dude.

"There's a piece of dirt up here with your name on it, Bannister! I'm waitin' for you, you little maggot! "