View Poll Results: WHAT MOVIE SHOULD LOU & DEEJ RECORD A LOVE/HATE COMMENTARY FOR?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • LAND of the DEAD (2005)

5 27.78%
  • TREMORS (1990)

7 38.89%
  • BUBBA HO-TEP

1 5.56%
  • SURVIVAL of the DEAD

2 11.11%
  • THE DEVIL's REJECTS

1 5.56%
  • FRIDAY THE 13th 1-4 & 6 (no 5, 7-10)

0 0%
  • HOUSE on HAUNTED HILL (1999 version)

0 0%
  • RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 1 & 2

1 5.56%
  • A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984)

0 0%
  • ALIENS

1 5.56%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Deej & lou movie commentary thread - pick the movie

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I think you should do a marathon of Forced Entry, Cannibal Holocaust, Combat Shock, Men Behind the Sun, Flower of Flesh and Blood, but you'd probably die.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I think you should do a marathon of Forced Entry, Cannibal Holocaust, Combat Shock, Men Behind the Sun, Flower of Flesh and Blood, but you'd probably die.
    As soon as Sir Loucipherr is free to do this I think we are going to do two commentaries, which will most likely be LAND and TREMORS.

Of course a weekend like that requires grilling of Bratwurst, tons of Mt. Dew and a few party favors.

I really really really want to tear apart LAND. That movies is such a ball of shit I can't wait to MST3K x 10 that flick.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    As soon as Sir Loucipherr is free to do this I think we are going to do two commentaries, which will most likely be LAND and TREMORS.
    It's looking like next weekend. May 14th or 15th. That nasty flu bug I caught last week really screwed up my schedule completely.

Hey, Flu bug!

United States
    Ok everyone, we're planning on getting together this weekend, so get your votes in now if you haven't done so (yeah, I'm talking to the 300+ people who have viewed the thread but haven't voted - even if you have no interest in listening to us babble, pick a flick, dammit! )

It's looking like Tremors will be done first, and if we have it in us, we might just do Land right afterwards - that is, if the votes still dictate them as the top two by Friday and we can bring ourselves to stomach Bland one more time...

Looks like we'll have a good mix of love and hate.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 12-May-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    I want my Tremors fan commentary!

Dying

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    even if you have no interest in listening to us babble, pick a flick, dammit!
    Yeah you bunch a bums, vote for LAND!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I really really really want to tear apart LAND. That movies is such a ball of shit I can't wait to MST3K x 10 that flick.
    No offense, but there's two reasons why that won't happen:

MST3K have a pre-written script. I assume you guys will just record an audio commentary?

Second, the movies MST3K do are generally very, very bad. So bad that they're funny even without the commentaries. Land isn't. If you don't like Land, chances are you just think it's boring. Please don't try to wisecrack yourself through that film - it'll fall flat. Trust me. Instead, just do a proper commentary.

It takes a very special kind of film to MST3K it. A completely ludicrous premise, cheap as hell budget, laughably horrible dialoge, etc. etc... Land really have none of those things.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I want my Tremors fan commentary!
    Don't worry, you're gonna get it.

Quote Originally Posted by major jay View Post
    Yeah you bunch a bums, vote for LAND!
    I think you're gonna get that one too - we're going to try for a two-fer - Tremors AND Land. Tremors will be done first, and if we're still coherent after that <ahem> we're gonna do Land.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post

MST3K have a pre-written script. I assume you guys will just record an audio commentary?
    Ned - don't worry, we're not MST3K'ing ANYTHING at all. I'm sure Dj would like to do that, but that's not the plan with these commentaries. I wouldn't bother trying to do what the MST3K guys did because, well, it's been done, and they're probably a lot better at it than we would be.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It takes a very special kind of film to MST3K it. A completely ludicrous premise, cheap as hell budget, laughably horrible dialoge, etc. etc...
    Dawn(78)?

I had to...
    Last edited by bassman; 12-May-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Dawn(78)?

I had to...
    You know, I hate to say it, but I actually think that film could be given the MST3K treatment...

United States

Second, the movies MST3K do are generally very, very bad. So bad that they're funny even without the commentaries. Land isn't. If you don't like Land, chances are you just think it's boring. Please don't try to wisecrack yourself through that film - it'll fall flat. Trust me. Instead, just do a proper commentary.

It takes a very special kind of film to MST3K it. A completely ludicrous premise, cheap as hell budget, laughably horrible dialoge, etc. etc... Land really have none of those things.
    Anyone who tries to be like the men on MST3K always falls short and is really annoying. No one comes close to them. I am talking about Mike, Kevin, and Bill (after Joel).
    Last edited by fulci fan; 12-May-2010 at 08:53 PM.

United States
    Well, today is the day. Dj will be coming over tonight and we'll be laying down what looks like a love-fest commentary for Tremors. That is unless the poll swings in a different direction before we start. We're going to try and do Land right afterwards, but it depends on how our night goes.

says DON'T BE A FOOL LIKE MURDOCK, VOTE NOW, SUCKA!

Poll closes in 9 hours...
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 14-May-2010 at 02:41 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, today is the day. Dj will be coming over tonight and we'll be laying down what looks like a love-fest commentary for Tremors. That is unless the poll swings in a different direction before we start. We're going to try and do Land right afterwards, but it depends on how our night goes.

says DON'T BE A FOOL LIKE MURDOCK, VOTE NOW, SUCKA!

Poll closes in 9 hours...
    Dude, poll has been closed for a week. Since May 6th. You already getting Dementia?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Why did it close the 6th? We stated it had to be postponed and I figured we were adding time for people to vote until then.

:finger:

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Why did it close the 6th? We stated it had to be postponed and I figured we were adding time for people to vote until then.

:finger:

No... because we we decided to move the date the poll had already closed and I was too lazy to open it back up. so
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!