View Poll Results: WHAT MOVIE SHOULD LOU & DEEJ RECORD A LOVE/HATE COMMENTARY FOR?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • LAND of the DEAD (2005)

5 27.78%
  • TREMORS (1990)

7 38.89%
  • BUBBA HO-TEP

1 5.56%
  • SURVIVAL of the DEAD

2 11.11%
  • THE DEVIL's REJECTS

1 5.56%
  • FRIDAY THE 13th 1-4 & 6 (no 5, 7-10)

0 0%
  • HOUSE on HAUNTED HILL (1999 version)

0 0%
  • RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 1 & 2

1 5.56%
  • A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984)

0 0%
  • ALIENS

1 5.56%
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Deej & lou movie commentary thread - pick the movie

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

DEEJ & LOU movie commentary thread - pick the movie

It started as a simple list of things we hated about Halloween 2007, then idea came to be that LouCipherr and I should do another list... it seems everyone found our listing quite amusing.

Anyway, I suggested instead of a list we record a commentary that can be played back with the film and let you the viewer hear in real time why we hate or love a particular film.

So we came up with a few ideas for the next project. Above you will find a poll with a list of movies that LOU and I will do a commentary track for. No guarantee with whatever films wins that the commentary will be positive, but no guarantee it will be negative... I guess it is just another way for you guys to hear us rant and rave about horror flicks.

So vote for the film to get the bashing/praise... and on May 7th or 8th Lou and I will get together and record the track.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 21-Apr-2010 at 09:32 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Dying

Undisclosed
    Nice idea. I voted for LAND. If I remember correctly you were on the set while they were filming?

Super Moderator

UK
    I voted Tremors - I'd really like to hear a LOVE commentary for that movie, especially as its jam-packed with awesome dialogue (including Bacon's glorious "fuuuuuuuuuuck you!").

Second choice would be Land of the Dead - even though I really dig that flick, it'd get all your bitchings about it in one place, kinda like I did with my Yawn04 Bitch List back in the day.

But yeah - Tremors LOVE commentary please!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was talking to Lou last night and said I hope Tremors wins as I would like to do a love commentary, since we just did a bitch list. Then alternate... next film with the most votes will then get a commentary and so far LAND has 2 votes so it would be the next movie we slosh about.

However, Tremors... that will be a much loved commentary. I am a huge Tremors fan.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    *high five* for Tremors love. I recently got the TV series on DVD (fun times) and so I simply had to re-watch all four movies again, so yeah - mega Tremors fan right here too.

*fingers crossed for a Tremors 5*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There is a 5th movie coming out.

TREMORS 5: The Thunder from Down Under

supposedly takes place in Austrailia.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I voted Tremors - I'd really like to hear a LOVE commentary for that movie, especially as its jam-packed with awesome dialogue (including Bacon's glorious "fuuuuuuuuuuck you!").
    Best Kevin Bacon line EVER.

I would LOVE to do a commentary for Tremors. Not only is there a ton of quotable lines in that flick, but it's a great ride and still my favorite Bacon film. (mmmmm.... Bacon. ).

I voted for Tremors too, but I have to admit, it was a hard choice. I love me some original NOES, and I love Haunted Hill (Rush was awesome in that flick.. "I'm Stephen goddamn Price!" speaking of which, another remake that might be better than the original?!) and as much as I want to rip a few of those movies to shreds, I have to agree with Deej that since we've already done a hate list for Halloween, perhaps the first commentary should be a love-fest flick.

Bubba Ho-Tep would be a funny and fun one to do too.

We'll see. It's up to you guys.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    There is a 5th movie coming out.

TREMORS 5: The Thunder from Down Under

supposedly takes place in Austrailia.
    Aye I know, but last I read it wasn't set in stone. They've been trying to get Tremors 5 made for years, 2008 saw renewed interest, but it sank under again, and then - last I heard - around September last year they got going with it again perhaps, and that apparently Universal put the TV series out on DVD (at last) last month to test the market (and considering that the series came out in 2003, it's been a long-ass wait for that DVD).

So what I meant really, was I hope they do do a Tremors 5. Hopefully it comes to fruition, not just a lot of talk - damnit, I want me some more Burt Gummer!

United States
    So is this like a serious commentary? Or an MST3K thing?
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Both apparently.

It's one thing to make a funny track where you're pointing out flaws to a film you dislike, but a "good" track by a couple of random joes? I dont get it either.
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Apr-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Good point! I don't see you guys sitting down with glasses of port and sherry to discuss the finer points of...Tremors, so I assume this is a more farcical MST3K sort of thing.

And I know you're not thinking of coming up with a 'bitch list' on Aliens...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's one thing to make a funny track where you're pointing out flaws to a film you dislike, but a "good" track by a couple of random joes? I dont get it either.
    What, you don't have a sense of humor and like to have some fun?

It's just a fun thing Dj and I want to do. We're not going to MST3K the film, we're going to talk about our likes or dislikes about it and maybe get into some movie tech talk if the conversation goes there. Perhaps bring up some trivia or something and crack some jokes and laugh along with the flick. We're not quite sure yet, but we certianly will not be adding lines to the movie or talking over it to change lines of dialogue like the MST3K guys did - we just love movies and want to talk about them and figured our stupid sense of humor would be entertaining to those adventurous (or crazy) enough to listen to it.

No one's forcing anyone to listen... and now that I think about it, no one bitched when Kevin Smith did a commentary for Spaced for the US release. I realize he's more 'popular' than we are, but c'mon, this could turn out to be fun if it works out. If not, we'll abandon the idea and you guys can make fun of us for a failed attempt at being funny. I'm sure you'd get a kick out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    And I know you're not thinking of coming up with a 'bitch list' on Aliens...
    That would be impossible for 2 reasons:

1) the movie rocked nuts
    2) it's got Bill "WHY DON'T YOU PUT HER IN CHARGE?!" Paxton in it!

Last edited by LouCipherr; 22-Apr-2010 at 07:53 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm not trying to hate on you guys' plan, but I just don't get the "good" commentary. What could you bring to the table? You weren't attached to the project, so basically you would just be saying that you like the film over and over again.

It would be a bunch of "I like this part". "This is cool". "I like that"."yo, these are some good cheese fries".
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Apr-2010 at 07:56 PM.

United States
    No worries bassman, I get what you're saying.

There will be some of that too, yes, but have you ever checked out any of our WNWR podcasts? Gary has a wicked sense of humor when in the right mindset, and we riff off each other once one of us gets started.

Believe me, even in flicks we love there will be some things we can point out (flaws) and make fun of them, but this will basically be like sitting down with us, having a few beers (or whatever your poison is) and listening to a stream-of-conscienceness conversation about the movie and things related to it.

Like I said, could be fun and turn out great, could be a disaster and you guys have something to rag on us for a few years about. Either way, it's a win-win situation for everyone but us!

Dammit, Deej - y'know what movies are missing from this list? I Am Zombie Man 1, 2, and TIDoZM!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 22-Apr-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well Bassman does have a point in that I had absolutely nothing to do with TREMORS... HOWEVER, I was in LAND of the DEAD so I can comment on some of the shit I witnessed while on set, but I would probably forget to mention it due to all the fucking bitching I would be doing about what a shitty movie it really is and will always be.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!