Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z News!

Super Moderator

UK
    Hopefully it gets made - with shamblers - I'm not having my WWZ turned into another raptor-zombie dose of nonsense.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    And if The Walking Dead is the success that it hopefully will be, maybe the studio execs will jump on the bandwagon and throw money at WWZ. Fingers crossed for both, because if done right, WWZ could be what we've all been waiting for since Day Of The Dead.
    One unforseen consequense of that could be that george will lose the status as the godfather of the genre he created, which I'm not so sure is a bad thing.

The man has had 25 years to pruduce and nothing. Perhaps it's time for new blood anyway. Here's to hoping for that.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hopefully it gets made - with shamblers - I'm not having my WWZ turned into another raptor-zombie dose of nonsense.
    I wouldn't sweat it. Max Brooks seems to have a degree of control over how his book is executed.

And in his (paraphrased) words: "Shambling zombies are backed up by biology and human physiology. And running zombies just suck."
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    I wouldn't sweat it. Max Brooks seems to have a degree of control over how his book is executed.

And in his (paraphrased) words: "Shambling zombies are backed up by biology and human physiology. And running zombies just suck."
    He and MZ must drink the same brand of haterade.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well... then I will apply for the directors job, you know to keep costs down, and I will throw in ZS runners, and ROTLD talkers... and just everything to make your skin crawl.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States

When the man is right, he's right

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    He and MZ must drink the same brand of haterade.

Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Well... then I will apply for the directors job, you know to keep costs down, and I will throw in ZS runners, and ROTLD talkers... and just everything to make your skin crawl.
    And then you'd get lynched by el fanbase.

Sounds like a man with his head screwed on.

United States
    no offense, dj, but i would then begin a petition to get you banned (from this website and the planet, if possible) for fucking up what could possibly be the best zombie film since day of the dead.

and if mr. brooks has any say-so, i highly doubt we'll see runners.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    no offense, dj, but i would then begin a petition to get you banned (from this website and the planet, if possible) for fucking up what could possibly be the best zombie film since day of the dead.

and if mr. brooks has any say-so, i highly doubt we'll see runners.

That he won't have any say so but you can bet the studio will have the FINAL say.

It all hinges on whether he can convince the studios that a serious movie with shamblers will be as if not more profitable than a popcorn flick with runners. It's pretty much as simple as that.

United States
    seems to me that if it's his intellectual property, he should be able to ensure that certain criteria are met. i know that if i was him and the studio even mentioned running zombies, i'd tell them to shut the fuck up and if they ever mentioned that concept again i'd take my baby to another studio that cares less about profits and more about the product.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If it is in his contract, but I doubt that it is. Since Paramount, not him... will be putting up the money, if they want runners they would get runners.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Let's see Zack the Hack do LAND with $18,000,000.

I'll tell you exactly what happened to him: he's now making movies with people from Zack the Hack's generation i.e. people that have no idea about the craft of actually making films. They sit behind computers all day and push buttons.
    The amount of money, the crew, none of that made the plot in Land stupid and uninteresting. None of that made the setup flawed and the zombie evolution ridiculous. None of that introduced all the WTF moments that we argue about incessantly around here. All the flaws in Land were introduced before the first check was written and the first paycheck cut. How much would Land have been better if they'd spent $500 on some guy to go through the script and say, "That's stupid. That's implausible. Seriously? That?"

Dawn '04 was no better, mind you. They both sucked for largely the same reasons. Both sucked before the first camera was rolling.

I read the LOTD script before the film went into production and what was on paper was a hell of a lot better than what ended up on screen.
    You know, I agree with that. The LOTD script (at least the one floating around the net available to us non-film guys) was better than what made it to the screen. For a long list of reasons. But ... it still SUCKED!!

Any moron can read that script and ask a few simple questions and derail the entire plot. Again, no amount of money fixes that once the cameras are rolling. And it would take a paltry amount of money to identify the problems before.

We can all just hope that WWZ doesn't go for the flashbang of special effects and explosions and concentrates on what made it a great and beloved book.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

UK
    If it is in his contract, but I doubt that it is. Since Paramount, not him... will be putting up the money, if they want runners they would get runners.
    And in such an instance they can go fuck themselves. Adapt the book, not thumb-in Yawn04.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    You never know. There have been some strange contracts out there. Let's face it, I doubt Max Brooks never thought of this situation, and might actually have put that in there just to make sure.

Administrator

England
    Seems Mr Pitt may star in the film...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Brad-...ies-19729.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan