Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z News!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Seems Mr Pitt may star in the film...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Brad-...ies-19729.html
    Well f*ck me in the a$$ and call me Nancy Drew!!! Seriously?!?!? This is finally moving along?!?!? And with Brad Pitt starring? With him in, the movie will definitely get the budget it needs. Holy fuck!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United Kingdom
    Christ, with this and The Walking Dead, I might just explode with zombie related excitement.
    Kill 'em All

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Well f*ck me in the a$$ and call me Nancy Drew!!! Seriously?!?!? This is finally moving along?!?!? And with Brad Pitt starring? With him in, the movie will definitely get the budget it needs. Holy fuck!!
    That seems like good news. He seems to generally go for movies with a degree of thoughtfulness and seriousness.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    Christ, with this and The Walking Dead, I might just explode with zombie related excitement.
    Indeed! My zombiefandom has been pretty low lately, but with this and 'The Walking Dead' getting closer to release date yeah, it's simply fabulous!

Super Moderator

UK
    Seems Mr Pitt may star in the film...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Brad-...ies-19729.html
    Pretty nifty. A project like this needs heavy hitters behind it to get it past the studio suits. For example, the wonderful "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" - there were several big names behind that, such as Pitt, but also the Scott brothers, and a couple of others - the movie flopped in terms of box office, but it's a superb film.

World War Z would have a wider appeal I'm sure, but as I said, it's the sort of property that needs to be done properly, and for that it'll require some heavy hitters behind it swaying their box office mojo-shaped clout around.

Good news.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Pretty nifty. A project like this needs heavy hitters behind it to get it past the studio suits. For example, the wonderful "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" - there were several big names behind that, such as Pitt, but also the Scott brothers, and a couple of others - the movie flopped in terms of box office, but it's a superb film.

World War Z would have a wider appeal I'm sure, but as I said, it's the sort of property that needs to be done properly, and for that it'll require some heavy hitters behind it swaying their box office mojo-shaped clout around.

Good news.
    I'm still skeptical about them managing to get the $100m plus budget this film would probably required though
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United Kingdom
    I'm still skeptical about them managing to get the $100m plus budget this film would probably required though
    Very good point. But, as I've said in the The Walking Dead thread, if the AMC show is as successful as it WILL be, WWZ would have no problem riding on the wave of TWD's success. Couple that with names like Brad Pitt on board, and I reckon it's a winner. They'd be daft not to throw money at it.
    Kill 'em All

Undisclosed
    I thought this project burned out. Glad Walking Dead had some back-up gas to throw on fire!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    Very good point. But, as I've said in the The Walking Dead thread, if the AMC show is as successful as it WILL be, WWZ would have no problem riding on the wave of TWD's success. Couple that with names like Brad Pitt on board, and I reckon it's a winner. They'd be daft not to throw money at it.
    Of course the style/nature of the book - lots of different stories - would lend itself to an extra story or two on the DVD/blu-ray. ie: Extra footage (stories) only on the DVD/blu-ray. Certainly would help sales, assuming the film was reasonably good.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Well the movie will naturally cover the most important stuff in order to make a film narrative out of it all - but they could certainly do "motion comics" for a couple of stories that would inevitably be left out, but which were great stories. That'd be a relatively cheap way to do it for extra content for the DVD outside of traditional deleted scenes (which would be stuff that was, of course, originally intended to be in the movie from the-off).

As for the budget, no idea how much it would cost them to make the film - they won't be making the book as-is, naturally, and I'm sure some things will be condensed or re-jigged or whatnot, but it'll certainly require a good old slab of cash to bring to the screen.

Interesting in the article they focus on 'the first zombie movie to get an A-List star' ... and while that may be the case here, the real thing of importance for genre fans is 'the first zombie movie to provide huge scope' ... we've had epic scope in words for a long time now, but a true zombie EPIC has so far evaded us.

Here's hoping that with Pitt (and possibly other big hitters) getting involved, and with TWD in full-swing, our dreams will be realised ... with shamblers to boot!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well the movie will naturally cover the most important stuff in order to make a film narrative out of it all - but they could certainly do "motion comics" for a couple of stories that would inevitably be left out, but which were great stories. That'd be a relatively cheap way to do it for extra content for the DVD outside of traditional deleted scenes (which would be stuff that was, of course, originally intended to be in the movie from the-off).

As for the budget, no idea how much it would cost them to make the film - they won't be making the book as-is, naturally, and I'm sure some things will be condensed or re-jigged or whatnot, but it'll certainly require a good old slab of cash to bring to the screen.

Interesting in the article they focus on 'the first zombie movie to get an A-List star' ... and while that may be the case here, the real thing of importance for genre fans is 'the first zombie movie to provide huge scope' ... we've had epic scope in words for a long time now, but a true zombie EPIC has so far evaded us.

Here's hoping that with Pitt (and possibly other big hitters) getting involved, and with TWD in full-swing, our dreams will be realised ... with shamblers to boot!
    Let's hope they bring us Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead bleakness!!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Let's hope they bring us Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead bleakness!!
    Speaking of bleak, can you imagine a zombie movie as bleak as The Road? It'd no doubt be a great film, but it'd be bleak as all get-out.

Undisclosed

Thumbs down Boo!

oh god...Brad Pitt to star in this? i better clear the shelf for yet another shitty zombie dvd....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    will this film ever get off the ground or is it nothing but another keyboard masturbation exercise.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    will this film ever get off the ground or is it nothing but another keyboard masturbation exercise.
    dude....HPotD is nothing but keyboard masturbation. You haven't figured this out yet?