Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z News!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    oh god...Brad Pitt to star in this? i better clear the shelf for yet another shitty zombie dvd....
    I'm thinking you've never seen Fight Club or Seven.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Of course the style/nature of the book - lots of different stories - would lend itself to an extra story or two on the DVD/blu-ray. ie: Extra footage (stories) only on the DVD/blu-ray. Certainly would help sales, assuming the film was reasonably good.
    I'm hoping we don't get screwed out of the surgery story, like what happened in the Audio Book.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    he's gonna bring zombie movies into the forefront.

Undisclosed

Thumbs down whaaaat!

Quote Originally Posted by EDukes View Post

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

I'm hoping we don't get screwed out of the surgery story, like what happened in the Audio Book.
    i have good movies yes...but a major actor playing a movie like that...let me remind you of something....I guess you didn't see "I AM LEGEND!"

p.s. please don't tell me you thought that was good!

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    he's gonna bring zombie movies into the forefront.
    he's bringing his foreskin is more like it.....dude this is a bad match!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i have to disagree since a HUGE a list star is what they wanted to begin with. it'll make more than i am legend

Undisclosed

Red face

i have to disagree since a HUGE a list star is what they wanted to begin with. it'll make more than i am legend
    come on dude you know better than that...you know an all star cast has the potential to kill a good zombie flick...any kinda over budget production at that!

low budget, unknown actor's, creepy music, no CGI and a great script! "key to any great zombie flick!"

oh and most of all "NO DAM RUNNIN' SCREAMO ZOMBIES!"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    come on dude you know better than that...you know an all star cast has the potential to kill a good zombie flick...any kinda over budget production at that!

low budget, unknown actor's, creepy music, no CGI and a great script! "key to any great zombie flick!"

oh and most of all "NO DAM RUNNIN' SCREAMO ZOMBIES!"

do u really believe all that? then u must believe they were gonna let an historically inaccurate martin scorsese film called the aviator be a bomb. it wasnt and they had a midget playing howard hughes. pitt will make the most successful zombie film ever. guaranteed.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EDukes View Post
    Or Twelve Monkeys.

i have good movies yes...but a major actor playing a movie like that...let me remind you of something....I guess you didn't see "I AM LEGEND!"
    Yeah, but I don't think Pitt has quite the history of brainless special-effects-driven schlock like Independence Day.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Or Twelve Monkeys.

Yeah, but I don't think Pitt has quite the history of brainless special-effects-driven schlock like Independence Day.
    Plus there's been all this talk of respect for the source material. With "I Am Legend" they just took the book, pissed on it, then ignored it and wrote a load of bullshit with retarded CGI flappy-jawed raptor-people.

As for Pitt - I'll add another couple to the list:
    Kalifornia
    The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i thought the point of buying the rights was so u could do what u wanted with it

Undisclosed

Thumbs down

i thought the point of buying the rights was so u could do what u wanted with it
    non talent bastards with too much money do that...that's why its sad when a true visionary can't afford to put out the truth!

sad world we live in gentlemen!

Super Moderator

United States
    Riiiiight.

Anyway, I agree with the sane people who think this could be a good thing.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think it needs to be addressed that low budget "no name" zombie movies are few and far between these days. You can whine and moan about Brad Pitt's company(I'm not sure why you would, though) all day long, but without a bigger sized company this film would never be possible.

If you want low budget "no name" zombie films, you need to look at some of those straight-to-dvd isles at the store. That's generally where they end up.
    And even IF they entertained the idea of going with non-stars, the budget wouldn't be big enough for the size of WWZ.

And just for kicks, Pitt's production company has put out some decent films. As MZ mentioned - Assassination of Jesse James, The Departed, Kick-Ass, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, etc.

Undisclosed

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I think it needs to be addressed that low budget "no name" zombie movies are few and far between these days. You can whine and moan about Brad Pitt's company(I'm not sure why you would, though) all day long, but without a bigger sized company this film would never be possible.

If you want low budget "no name" zombie films, you need to look at some of those straight-to-dvd isles at the store. That's generally where they end up.
    And even IF they entertained the idea of going with non-stars, the budget wouldn't be big enough for the size of WWZ.

And just for kicks, Pitt's production company has put out some decent films. As MZ mentioned - Assassination of Jesse James, The Departed, Kick-Ass, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, etc.

dude bigger budget productions are usually cheap bastards...u think they won't cut corners by using 50% CGI bullshit effects....not to mention that needing lots of hype by havin' screamo zombies because remember "oh no romero's slow walking non speaking zombies are too boring to watch!"

I don't know gent's Brad Pitt seems to gay to play a zombie hero to me!
    Last edited by DEAD BEAT; 23-Jul-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Super Moderator

United States

I don't know gent's Brad Pitt seems to gay to play a zombie hero to me!
    What if they're gay zombies?!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    What if they're gay zombies?!
    Not that there's anything wrong with that