Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: World War Z News!

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    anyways................ Back to wwz

i want to see so many of the segments in the film but besides yonkers, which ironically would be great shaky cam (sorry mz:d), the space station segment springs to mind. Tie that in with india and pakistan (i think) nuking each other. Add a dose of the bombing of the indian pass through the mountains and you've got movie gold.
    Thers is too much material in this book for 1 movie.
    fuck it. Make it a trilogy
    yes!!
    Kill 'em All

Super Moderator

UK
    Anyways................ back to WWZ

I want to see so many of the segments in the film but besides Yonkers, which ironically would be great shaky cam (sorry MZ), the space station segment springs to mind. Tie that in with India and Pakistan (i think) nuking each other. add a dose of the bombing of the Indian pass through the mountains and you've got movie gold.
    Thers is too much material in this book for 1 movie.
    Fuck it. Make it a trilogy
    1) There's shaky cam, and there's SHAAAAAAAYKEEEEEE CAAAAAAAAM ... the former is fine, the latter is fucking annoying ... I'll have the former please.

2) FUCK. YES.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Fuck it. Make it a trilogy
    Wit the way they release movies today, I wouldn't be surprised if they're already working on it...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Wit the way they release movies today, I wouldn't be surprised if they're already working on it...
    Movies are alot like game franchises now. There's very rarely any one and done stuff happening.

They want to know how they can work in sequels even before the first film is even thought about getting made.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    They want to know how they can work in sequels even before the first film is even thought about getting made.
    World War Z 2: Zombies Strike Back. Once they've got that out of the way they can start on the prequels/reboots and teen musical spin offs... You can hear the cash registers ringing even as we speak...

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    World War Z 2: Zombies Strike Back. Once they've got that out of the way they can start on the prequels/reboots and teen musical spin offs... You can hear the cash registers ringing even as we speak...
    World War Z....ON ICE!
    Kill 'em All

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    World War Z....ON ICE!
    WWZ 12: Zombies Go Hawaiian!!
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    World War Z....ON ICE!
    Could be a tie in to something mentioned in the book...

That'd be the sequel about that damned hot spot, Iceland that they talk about

Or...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Could be a tie in to something mentioned in the book...

That'd be the sequel about that damned hot spot, Iceland that they talk about
    You know, that's a bloody good call. There's so much film potential in that book.
    Kill 'em All

Super Moderator

UK
    Speaking seriously for a moment, if they did get us the full on WWZ movie we want, but couldn't fund a full-on sequel, what they could do would be to do a sort of 'Animatrix' type deeley (they also did that with between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight) - a series of animated shorts that would be adapted from unused chapters of the book not featured in the actual movie.

The sort of thing that wouldn't cost a relative arm & leg, and would be designed for the very interesting & hardcore WWZ fans.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    An excellent idea, mz! I support it fully!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    I'll tell you exactly what happened to him: he's now making movies with people from Zack the Hack's generation i.e. people that have no idea about the craft of actually making films. They sit behind computers all day and push buttons.

What you should be asking is where's Michael Gornick, where's Tom Savini, where's John Harrison, et al?

Exactly. Romero can have the same or nearly the same amount of money for a budget as Zack or anyone else but one of the big differences (game changer in my opinion) between then and now are the people around GAR.

Anyone can make films. But the craft behind it is what is lacking on so many of these films we see today - The Mall in Dawn 04 reminded me of a tv mini series set. While the mall in Dawn 78 was epic.

The budgets of NOTLD and Dawn 78 show it's not the money/budget that makes the difference (something studios and executives can't comprehend). It's the people. Always will be.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    My whole point is that if Romero was good with lower budgets 30 years ago there should be no reason why he couldn't be as good with them today..
    It has nothing to do with the budgets but the people he surrounds himself with.

Last edited by C5NOTLD; 03-Aug-2010 at 03:32 AM. Reason: ed: sp