Thread: AUTOPSY of the DEAD screening at Motor City Nightmares

Undisclosed

AUTOPSY of the DEAD screening at Motor City Nightmares

A special 100-minute "festival" edition of Autopsy of the Dead will be screening this weekend at Motor City Nightmares in Novi, MI. But not to worry -- the complete uncut DVD packed with special features will be on sale at the show, too.

These creepy characters will also be on hand...

See you in Michigan!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Does ANYTHING ever happen in the south?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Does ANYTHING ever happen in the south?
    Texas Frightmare Weekend?

Dragon Con?

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    I'd like to see the concise cut, just curious to see how the flow is.
    I'm told that all the nudity was left intact.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh yeah...I've been to dragon con. It's in my city and I was there last year. Were any dead contributors there? If there were, I totally missed it.

Undisclosed
    Wasn't Romero at Dragon-Con either last year or the year before last? I think Terry Gilliam was there in 2009 -- now there's an awesome guest.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    was Romero there?!? Gilliam?!?

If they were, sadly I missed it. I was there for the GB fans. Dragon Con is to date the largest GB fan gathering, so I was more into that.

If Romer or Gilliam were there and I missed it....I diserve a swift kick in the balls...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    I'd like to see the concise cut, just curious to see how the flow is.

The blood flows freely during the concise cut of Autopsy Of The Dead.

It came out great - I'm very pleased. The heart and soul of Autopsy is left intact and when people go to the DVD afterwards there's still plenty left to discover (44 minutes plus the extras).

Undisclosed
    Motor City Nightmares hosted a screening of the 100-minute "festival edition" of AUTOPSY of the DEAD.

MCN 2010 was a smaller, but very fun and hospitable horror convention held in Novi, MI. There were 6 cast & crew members from Night of the Living Dead in attendance and the fans that came to the show were very appreciative to have them there.

I was planning to just pop in at the start of the screening on Saturday night -- and most likely annoy everyone by snapping off a few photos before running away -- but it was so interesting to see the documentary with an audience intently watching that I'd ended up standing in the back with Chuck Craig for the entire hour and forty minutes. The screening was held in an auditorium with theater-style seating and stage, much more suitable than your typical convention "screening room" which usually amounts to rows of chairs and a pull-down screen. The aspect ratio was off at first since the DVD player had been set for widescreen format, but this was quickly remedied by Dwayne, the show's tireless organizer.

I counted approximately 50 heads throughout the screening, which I didn't expect due to the weekend's light turnout; about a dozen or more people came and went several times, but a majority of the audience stayed for the duration once they had settled in. The documentary was very well received with the crowd listening attentively to all the interviews. The room erupted with laughter several times, for example, when Joe Unitas mentioned being interested in working on Night of the Living Dead because "I needed the money." It was cool to see such reactions to interviews that I otherwise wouldn't have expected anyone would find humorous.

There was a rousing ovation at the end, at which point I got out of there before anyone realized just who was in the room and began throwing rotten vegetables.