Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Wake - (original video game)

Super Moderator

UK
    You guys should start a brand new thread for "The Signal" - this thread's getting mighty long and then it keeps the talk in one specific location.

Plus I haven't played it yet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You guys should start a brand new thread for "The Signal" - this thread's getting mighty long and then it keeps the talk in one specific location.

Plus I haven't played it yet.
    Shit man, sory about that.

Will do.

Just think of it this way.

We just made it "easier" for you.

Last edited by darth los; 02-Aug-2010 at 06:14 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

Darth Los - 1
    MZ - 0

Super Moderator

UK
    Shit man, sory about that.

Will do.

Just think of it this way.

Well I was skipping as much text as possible, anything that remotely felt like a spoiler or looked like big screeds of info about The Signal was stuff I just didn't read - but just to avoid any spoilers in case, and to give it its own thread, I figured I'd suggest a new thread for The Signal.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    probably better to avoid it right now, till theres any confirmation of it being a retail thing, eventually theres gonna be a time limit on spoilers (not that there is any in this, my only gripe) and someones gonna mention the thing here regardless of a new thread being made. I'd just stay away form the thread, its what i'm doing with any toy story 3 ones till i see it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    probably better to avoid it right now, till theres any confirmation of it being a retail thing, eventually theres gonna be a time limit on spoilers (not that there is any in this, my only gripe) and someones gonna mention the thing here regardless of a new thread being made. I'd just stay away form the thread, its what i'm doing with any toy story 3 ones till i see it.
    Starting a new thread ... is it that hard, hellsing?

This is an Alan Wake thread - the original game - plus it's been going on for so long that the thread is really, really, really long.

Make a thread just for The Signal and then I, and others who haven't played it yet, can avoid Signal-specific talk out-right, but those that have can go and talk about it all they want in a separate thread.

Just a bit of common courtesey, dude ... sheesh.

In fact, I'll make you guys a thread for it - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=17198
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 03-Aug-2010 at 09:11 AM.

United States
    A common sense move?!

THIS IS MADNESS!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    A common sense move?!

THIS IS MADNESS!

Shocking, I know, and seemingly an alien concept to hellsing - but it's also just a common courtesy as there's still people who are coming new/still playing the original Alan Wake (i.e. "episodes one through six").

Ergo - two threads.

To talk about "The Signal", trot yourself over to this fresh new thread - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=17198
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 03-Aug-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So...Back to the main game.

I actually think playing the signal sharpened my skills. It's definitely harder than the main game.

So i went back to the original game and tried for the "gunless wonder" achievement which is to get from the dam to cauldron lake without firing a single shot! Imagine that.

You better believe I used every flash bang and flare I had. It's the final level so it was rough as hell but I got through it.

I didn't want to use the flare gun because I didn't know if that would be considered "firing a shot" so i didn't even want to use it.

Tough achievement but it is possible.

Now, on to those damn alarm clocks....

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Darth - there are just some achievements I won't even bother attempting to get.

Alan Wake has its fair share of such achievements.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Darth - there are just some achievements I won't even bother attempting to get.

Alan Wake has its fair share of such achievements.
    Dude, if you feel your underwear are a little to white try it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Dude, if you feel your underwear are a little to white try it.

Now there's an expression I've never heard before.

As for Alan Wake - I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and listening to music from it too. It's one of those games that really gets nestled in your mind and is totally memorable, and can send a shiver up your spine just thinking about it.

Not too many games can manage that - I mean there are memorable games, and games you're capable of remembering as a matter of fact, but Alan Wake is one of the few truly memorable games that's also really quite affecting - recurringly so.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Now there's an expression I've never heard before.

As for Alan Wake - I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and listening to music from it too. It's one of those games that really gets nestled in your mind and is totally memorable, and can send a shiver up your spine just thinking about it.

Not too many games can manage that - I mean there are memorable games, and games you're capable of remembering as a matter of fact, but Alan Wake is one of the few truly memorable games that's also really quite affecting - recurringly so.
    Just like Max Payne. All it takes is for the theme to pop up in my shuffle and i nostalgia like a bastard about that game.

Super Moderator

UK
    Alan Wake has also introduced me to a band called The Black Angels, who have a track featured in the game - "Young Men Dead" - which is from the album Passover. So off I trotted and got myself that ... 'psychedelic drone rock' apparently ... I like.

You know, Alan Wake is a game that is so rich ... if that makes sense. It's not some easy-to-digest fast food, it's more like a very dense and carefully baked delicacy that you can taste on your tongue for a good while afterwards ... but in a good way.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Alan Wake has also introduced me to a band called The Black Angels, who have a track featured in the game - "Young Men Dead" - which is from the album Passover. So off I trotted and got myself that ... 'psychedelic drone rock' apparently ... I like.

You know, Alan Wake is a game that is so rich ... if that makes sense. It's not some easy-to-digest fast food, it's more like a very dense and carefully baked delicacy that you can taste on your tongue for a good while afterwards ... but in a good way.
    Totally agree.

It seems as if the 5 years they took developing this game was well worth it.