Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Alan Wake - (original video game)

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've been slowly making my way through Alan Wake; part way through Episode 5 right now. Ep 4 was my favorite thus far.

The more I play into the game, the more engrossing it becomes and the more I like it; at first I was like "eh, it's okay" whereas now I'm more on the "what's gonna happen next?!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I've been slowly making my way through Alan Wake; part way through Episode 5 right now. Ep 4 was my favorite thus far.

The more I play into the game, the more engrossing it becomes and the more I like it; at first I was like "eh, it's okay" whereas now I'm more on the "what's gonna happen next?!"
    Engrosing is definitely an apt description for it.

And that Stand you have to make at the Rock concert is the shizzle my nizzle.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, Alan Wake definitely sucks you in. When I was playing it I was loving it, but I was also getting into it slowly - then I found myself all wrapped up in it and loving all the characters and just wanting to know what happened next. Very cool. That shit gets into your mind, people!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeah, Alan Wake definitely sucks you in. When I was playing it I was loving it, but I was also getting into it slowly - then I found myself all wrapped up in it and loving all the characters and just wanting to know what happened next. Very cool. That shit gets into your mind, people!

And the atmosphere is second to none.

Who HASN'T played that game and raced through and area saying, "oh shit!, oh shit, oh shit!"

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    And the atmosphere is second to none.

Who HASN'T played that game and raced through and area saying, "oh shit!, oh shit, oh shit!"

I tended to creep into areas going "ooh err, this is all going to get scary in a minute" and then the trees would start swaying, the leaves rustling in the misty-foggy breeze and then - waaaaagh - TAKEN!

I love the game, but I would have really liked to have more day time stuff - especially in the town - so I could really explore the locations without worrying about Taken coming after me, and so I could talk to the residents. Indeed some missions which are just about exploring the area in the day time - finding places and people etc - would have been most welcome.

While it didn't do my head in or anything, it did become a bit contrived when we kept getting whipped through/missing the day time. There was always a reason and there you are again - out and about in the night time.

Sure, you wouldn't have any Taken in the day time, but you could have more Twin Peaks type character interaction - weird ruddy folk, and actually even face off against real people from time-to-time to mix things up a bit - add a bit more variety.

If they do a second Alan Wake I'd hope they'd integrated a good mixture of day time stuff as I've laid out above. That'd be kick ass and really let you dive into the world of Bright Falls entirely.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I tended to creep into areas going "ooh err, this is all going to get scary in a minute" and then the trees would start swaying, the leaves rustling in the misty-foggy breeze and then - waaaaagh - TAKEN!

I love the game, but I would have really liked to have more day time stuff - especially in the town - so I could really explore the locations without worrying about Taken coming after me, and so I could talk to the residents. Indeed some missions which are just about exploring the area in the day time - finding places and people etc - would have been most welcome.

While it didn't do my head in or anything, it did become a bit contrived when we kept getting whipped through/missing the day time. There was always a reason and there you are again - out and about in the night time.

Sure, you wouldn't have any Taken in the day time, but you could have more Twin Peaks type character interaction - weird ruddy folk, and actually even face off against real people from time-to-time to mix things up a bit - add a bit more variety.

If they do a second Alan Wake I'd hope they'd integrated a good mixture of day time stuff as I've laid out above. That'd be kick ass and really let you dive into the world of Bright Falls entirely.

I totally agree.

Perhaps they should have done it silent hill style where you can voluntarily cross over through a mirror or something.

Oh well, something to work on for the sequel i guess.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Super Moderator

UK
    That skeleton one is pretty cool, I must remember it for the next time I play it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    That skeleton one is pretty cool, I must remember it for the next time I play it.
    that was the only one i didn't know, ive gotten use to seeing wierd squares of geometric shapes and whipping out my iphone and opening up micrsoft tag or i-nigma to scan it and ive got a lot of free stuff, not just themes for my xbox but there was one on the bioshock 2 website for a free big big daddy poster.

no idea where that whent though

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And the rabbit hole deepens...

Very cool find hells.

+ 1

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Awesome! I hadn't thought of looking for an official video for that track - really cool noticing all the references to the game throughout, noiiice.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I know it's bee said before but it's amazing the amount of TLC and effort that went into making this game. It's just so ckock full of goodness.

It seems as if the deeper you look the more cool stuff you find.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Finished the game and..... WTF THAT FINAL BOSS/ENDING SUCKED!!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Finished the game and..... WTF THAT FINAL BOSS/ENDING SUCKED!!!
    The final boss was a chump. At least I was treated to David Bowie at the end.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    The final boss was a chump. At least I was treated to David Bowie at the end.
    How are you gonna make a game like that and have it so you can defeat the final boss, on your first try, without getting hit ONCE?!!