Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Wake - (original video game)

Super Moderator

UK

Another hands-on preview type deeley...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Last edited by bassman; 05-May-2010 at 12:12 PM.

United States
    MUST HAVE! MUST HAVE!

I can't remember the last time I've been this excited to get a hold of a game. It's been a loooong time.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    MUST HAVE! MUST HAVE!

I can't remember the last time I've been this excited to get a hold of a game. It's been a loooong time.
    Not on PC
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Week to go.....

Super Moderator

United States
    This is annoying. I wanted to make a frivolous purchase this week and I have to wait 12 days for this and RDR.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    man, been seeing some very good reviews on this game. probably won't be getting it on day 1, however, as i've still got both mass effect games and arkham asylum to work through. but it is definitely on my short list of games to buy this year.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    MUST HAVE! MUST HAVE!

My excitement for the game, I have to admit, isn't as high as it was at the peak - don't get me wrong, I'm stoked to get into this game, but my peak of excitement was probably late 2008/early 2009 ... but the extra time cooled me off on it a little bit, so all these videos and trailers and now reviews are all doing the leg work to psych me up again as high as I can get on it.

This game should be properly good, and when I can find it somewhere for a price that isn't retarded, I'll snap up the Twin Peaks box set as I'm sure Alan Wake will get me into that vibe (plus I've been meaning to check it out for ages anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Not on PC
    Not yet anyway. No doubt they'll port versions of it to PS3 and PC in due course, but I can understand the annoyance, especially as it was originally a PC title.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    This game should be properly good, and when I can find it somewhere for a price that isn't retarded, I'll snap up the Twin Peaks box set as I'm sure Alan Wake will get me into that vibe (plus I've been meaning to check it out for ages anyway).
    watching season 1 right now, i know it has a bad rep but i still cant wait for season 2 to come out over here, finally, this year.

I wouldnt be surprised, given all the twin peaks associated stuff coming out this year that lynch goes back to it in some fashion, he has been tweeting about it lately.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I totally agree, MZ. My interest for this game peaked a few years ago. I still want to play it and I'm sure it will be great, but it just doesn't give me that giddy school boy feeling that it once did. Not only that, but now the reviews are coming in around 8/10 and I convinced myself that I wouldn't buy it new if it was under 9/10.

So now it's official. I'm waiting until it's cheap. Not shelling out the 50 bucks on day one like I plan on doing with Red Dead Redemption.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    This is annoying. I wanted to make a frivolous purchase this week and I have to wait 12 days for this and RDR.
    Lost planet 2 comes out on the 11th.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Man from what i hear the soundtrack is something special, and im a guy who places a LOT of value on a game in its soundtrack and i really cannot wait to get my hands on this and heavy rain which is STILL sold out everywhere around here.

England
    I'll be honest that since they decided to can the PC version ive not followed this game, but do we know any details about what the story is? Ive only ever seen screenshots & a few action trailers so ive no idea what its about other than a general feeling its a bit "silent hill"

Super Moderator

UK
    I look forward to listening to it on the CD that comes with the limited edition.

Anyone not bothered to look at the IGN review, they gave it a 9/10.