Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Wake - (original video game)

Super Moderator

UK

Alan Wake - (original video game)

Accolades Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1dVYaXq_DU

Under The Hood: (Showing off the game's engine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6btqzzFAs

Bring it on!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 03-Aug-2010 at 09:14 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It does look good.....but when is it being released? 2015?

Step aside Wake, Marsden is coming through.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It does look good.....but when is it being released? 2015?

Step aside Wake, Marsden is coming through.

lol, dude ... May 18th in your neck of the woods, May 14th in mine.

I recently watched "All Your History Are Belong To Us" (Machinima, or IGN, or some lot like that) about Alan Wake and Remedy, and Max Payne took a good five years of development, and was delayed a lot too.

But we all know how awesome Max Payne was, so I'm betting that in Remedy's case the time they've invested (which included time away from the project too) will certainly pay off. I think it'll come out swinging strong and be a bit of a surprise hit.

Oh and yes, I'm super psyched for Red Dead Redemption. I hope to have Alan Wake cracked out in the week it has ahead of RDR's release over here.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 30-Apr-2010 at 12:05 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Alright....I'll be the one to say it. I was never impressed with Max Payne.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Alright....I'll be the one to say it. I was never impressed with Max Payne.
    get the fuck out. never come back, you are banished from this thread. im super cereal.

Its aged terribly but max payne was a fucking experience before you could call games art with a straight face. It was noir, hell, it was beyond that. it was ultra-noir like nothing that came before or after and bloody hell it was mind blowing when i first played it and it was goddamn great.

i then heard the same guys behind that were making a survival horror game and i royally flipped my shit.
    Last edited by Danny; 30-Apr-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Administrator

England
    Can't believe XBox only... And not on the PC
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    if you believe that your mad, limit exclusive dude, mark me on it. Hell intel was using this to advertise there most advanced shit a year or two ago, timed exclusive release dude, timed exclusive release.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    if you believe that your mad, limit exclusive dude, mark me on it. Hell intel was using this to advertise there most advanced shit a year or two ago, timed exclusive release dude, timed exclusive release.
    Not so sure... It was PC/XBox a long time ago... But then I think Micro$oft put a lot of $$$ into someone's pocket
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Not so sure... It was PC/XBox a long time ago... But then I think Micro$oft put a lot of $$$ into someone's pocket
    last time i checked they were also behind games for windows.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    last time i checked they were also behind games for windows.
    Quite right, quite right!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, so has hells. It looks as if the hype may have been correct. We'll find out in about 3 weeks.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, so has hells. It looks as if the hype may have been correct. We'll find out in about 3 weeks.

14 days for me mother bitches

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

After getting shafted for a long time it seems as if our brothas in the UK are finally getting some love. First Survival and now this.

Hells, you'll probably beat it before I crack the plastic on mine.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Hells, you'll probably beat it before I crack the plastic on mine.

Super Moderator

UK
    get the fuck out. never come back, you are banished from this thread. im super cereal.

Its aged terribly but max payne was a fucking experience before you could call games art with a straight face. It was noir, hell, it was beyond that. it was ultra-noir like nothing that came before or after and bloody hell it was mind blowing when i first played it and it was goddamn great.

i then heard the same guys behind that were making a survival horror game and i royally flipped my shit.
    I believe my good chum has it spot-the-fuck-on, good folks of HPOTD.

Max Payne was superb. I've played the full game a number of times, and before that I had the demo - which was the opening three levels (quite generous by today's standards) - and I played that shit over-and-over again. Max Payne is an all-time classic.

Same here, woop-woop! Perhaps my pre-order will turn up a day earlier than that, who knows? Only the Gods of fate at this time.

Also, I'm getting the Limited Edition - get me some soundtrack, some Alan Wake writing, and some behind the scenes content ... plus some shit for XBL that I can't use, as always ... but whatever.

After getting shafted for a long time it seems as if our brothas in the UK are finally getting some love. First Survival and now this.
    When you get shafted on release dates routinely, you grasp the odd crumb of gold with gusto whenever you can. That said, we still haven't had Cop Out!