Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DEADLANDS 3 UPDATES - May 6th 2010

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

DEADLANDS 3 UPDATES - May 6th 2010

SO, let's drop some updates. While at CON-TAMINATION I shared some good news I rec'd on Friday afternoon with the guys behind the NOTLD: TPS (Night of the Living Dead: The Puppet Show, which BTW I highly recommend you check out.) Anyway, I will share that info with everyone very very soon.

I did some networking at the event with some of the celebs on hand. I pitched the script to Brooke McCarter and Billy Wirth who both starred in the 1987 cult classic The Lost Boys. Billy took the script with him on the plane, and Brooke took his copy to read as well. I am really excited they see the potential in the project, and hoping they join the cast, updates on that hopefully by end of next week.

Met with Brinke Stevens and talked about the role of Emma Jane. While Brinke is one of the most known scream queens she is actually a very talented individual and I would like to see her branch out into more dramatic roles I truly feel she can do the part and will excel at it.

Of course nothing is complete without talking about the films score. Brian Wright and I have been composing the Deadlands movie scores together since part 1, and good friend Marq-Paul LaRose contributed a piece to the Deadlands 2 soundtrack. I know everyone enjoys our compositions and they fit well in the context of the film and our love of 80's horror, but I had the chance to meet with Harry Manfredini while I was at the St. Louis Con, and if you know the name you know what he is famous for... anyway, Harry has been wanting to do a rock based score for a zombie film for sometime so I dropped the screenplay into his lap, talked some shop and it seems he is interested in jumping aboard. Now does this mean Brian and I won't being doing the score? No... What it does mean is that if Harry does join the crew end of the film, it can free up Brian and I do maybe write some different types of music for Deadlands 3. I think Brian and I will still contribute a piece or two to the score, but I would like us to work on original songs dealing with the story of the movie. More on that later.

In the next few weeks, stay tuned for video updates about Deadlands 3. I will be shooting some web videos on the production and my thoughts about the film. I will also be working on some concept art for the story boards of the movie. Also for those not in the know or haven't been keeping up... Deadlands 3 is budgeted at $1,000,000 USD.

Anyway... tata for now.

Gary
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Spiffing updates, old bean. Hopefully this all comes together!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    1,000,000? Congratulations, that's a shitload of money. Your movie is going to cost twice as much as modern Troma films! Congrats!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    1,000,000? Congratulations, that's a shitload of money.

A shitload of money to make it EPIC!!!!!!

Congrats on the third film rolling along, man.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    OMG SPEND IT ALL ON EXTRAS COME ON YOU CAN DO IT, PUSSY!!!

I'm sorry. I'll stop doing that...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    A shitload of money to make it EPIC!!!!!!

Congrats on the third film rolling along, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    OMG SPEND IT ALL ON EXTRAS COME ON YOU CAN DO IT, PUSSY!!!

I'm sorry. I'll stop doing that...

I don't need $1,000,000 to make it EPIC, Deadlands 2 proved that and it only cost $6,000.00
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 21-May-2010 at 12:32 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Question about work:

I assume most people worked for free on the first two films. If not, who got paid? And what positions are going to get paid for this film? Just a genuine question.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    On the first two films there was no pay, but Gas or Hotel stays were covered and food was of course covered.

Deadlands 3: Everyone will get paid.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Deadlands 3: Everyone will get paid.

Where are the updates, dude? I am getting worried.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post

Where are the updates, dude? I am getting worried.
    You will get them when there is an update worth giving.

Right now we just sit back and chill until everything is in place. When you go from $6,000.00 to $1,000,000 budget there are a lot more I's to dot and T's to cross.

The contract paperwork alone makes our waivers and general releases look like child's play.

When it comes to dispersing the funds needed to make the movie you guys will be buried up to your heads in paperwork. Including having to save every receipt, noting every expense, noting every mile you drive and filing the proper TAX forms.

Trust me you think working on my films with a measly budget is a headache wait until you see what you just have to do on your end to make sure all legal business needs are met... you will probably wanna quit the business.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    You will get them when there is an update worth giving.

Right now we just sit back and chill until everything is in place. When you go from $6,000.00 to $1,000,000 budget there are a lot more I's to dot and T's to cross.

The contract paperwork alone makes our waivers and general releases look like child's play.

When it comes to dispersing the funds needed to make the movie you guys will be buried up to your heads in paperwork. Including having to save every receipt, noting every expense, noting every mile you drive and filing the proper TAX forms.

Trust me you think working on my films with a measly budget is a headache wait until you see what you just have to do on your end to make sure all legal business needs are met... you will probably wanna quit the business.
    Dude, nothing is worse than the job I have now.

btw: Once the story boards are done, I will need to see them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dude, nothing is worse than the job I have now.

btw: Once the story boards are done, I will need to see them.
    I think we all hate our day jobs, but you just have to keep pushing until things get aligned.

If anyone thinks I enjoy getting up in the morning and going into work so that everything I do is closely monitored by a manager/director who has a Napoleonic complex is fun, they are sorely mistaken. Him and I have already had it out once and he has backed off a bit, but even this morning because I took the day off I got a load of shit about it.

I like my job because I am part of something that could lead to cures for cancer, HPV, AIDS etc, but the BS and politics involved with working out of the corporate headquarters is enough to drive anyone insane. Not too mention having to deal with DARTH TATER (this is what I call him) I should call him LORD HELMET because he reminds me of Rick Moranis playing DARK HELMET. Not that he looks like him, but he acts like Rick did in Spaceballs, and not ina comedic way, although to get through the day or when having to deal with his BS I just picture him wearing the over sized helmet and start to cheer up.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    I think we all hate our day jobs, but you just have to keep pushing until things get aligned.

If anyone thinks I enjoy getting up in the morning and going into work so that everything I do is closely monitored by a manager/director who has a Napoleonic complex is fun, they are sorely mistaken. Him and I have already had it out once and he has backed off a bit, but even this morning because I took the day off I got a load of shit about it.

I like my job because I am part of something that could lead to cures for cancer, HPV, AIDS etc, but the BS and politics involved with working out of the corporate headquarters is enough to drive anyone insane. Not too mention having to deal with DARTH TATER (this is what I call him) I should call him LORD HELMET because he reminds me of Rick Moranis playing DARK HELMET. Not that he looks like him, but he acts like Rick did in Spaceballs, and not ina comedic way, although to get through the day or when having to deal with his BS I just picture him wearing the over sized helmet and start to cheer up.
    Maybe if DL3 turns out really good, you and I won't need day jobs.

You going to shoot on film or video?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Maybe if DL3 turns out really good, you and I won't need day jobs.

You going to shoot on film or video?
    We have access tot he following Camera systems:

Super 35 Movie Cam (Pushing for this)
    Spherical 35MM (Not fond of because it can't do 2.35:1)
    Sony EX3
    Red One
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    We have access tot he following Camera systems:

Super 35 Movie Cam (Pushing for this)
    Spherical 35MM (Not fond of because it can't do 2.35:1)
    Sony EX3
    Red One
    Dude, shoot on film. Not many people take films on video serious.