Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: So I let my son watch the original Nightmare on Elm Street

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I actually think that's a good idea - and I know he's up for it, however, I think we need to do Tremors and Land first since they're the most requested here, then perhaps we'll expose my little one (hah! I'm calling him 'little one' and he's 14) to Day and see what he thinks about it. Actually, y'know, I think he might've seen it already - I seem to remember him talking to me about Bub a few months back and him shooting the gun and all.. of course, knowing him, he probably saw a cut version of it on TV, 'cause I don't ever remember him sitting down with me and watching it uncut. I would've been there for that.
    Oh I think everyone would forgive us if we switched gears, especially if we were subjecting your 14yr old to DAY of the DEAD

SIDE NOTE: Like Lou I am almost 39 (less than 2 months to go) and yet i still feel like I am 18-20. I can still party with or out party most people my age and younger, although I have adopted quite a tolerance for many of the items I ingest or... ummmm, inhale into my system. There have only been a few to out-do me in the partying factor.... however I don't know many who can guzzle an entire 2 gallons worth of Whiskey Sour and then throw a case a beer on top of it... let alone sit in an airport waiting for a flight and drink an entire fifth of Jack Daniels by themselves inside of 35 minutes.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    however I don't know many who can guzzle an entire 2 gallons worth of Whiskey Sour and then throw a case a beer on top of it...
    My wife might be able to rival you on that one, but that one only. Remember, you two (Dj and my wife) emptied an entire whisky sour fountain at our house before our 4th of July party even started a few years ago - then proceeded to continue drinking throughout the entire day, emptying the whisky sour fountain a second time!

All I can say is, WTF?!

Buncha drunks!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 13-May-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    My wife might be able to rival you on that one, but that one only. Remember, you two (Dj and my wife) emptied an entire whisky sour fountain at our house before our 4th of July party even started a few years ago - then proceeded to continue drinking throughout the entire day, emptying the whisky sour fountain a second time!

All I can say is, WTF?!

Buncha drunks!
    Oh oh oh... wanna comment on what kind of partying we can do?

"What movie are we watching again?"

'nuff said.!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Oh oh oh... wanna comment on what kind of partying we can do?

"What movie are we watching again?"

'nuff said.!

United States
    Deej, first time I met you, you had one of those LARGE glasses of Jack with you the entire weekend. You'd gulp it down and get it refilled at least once an hour.

As I said at the time, You SURE you ain't from Milwaukee?
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Deej, first time I met you, you had one of those LARGE glasses of Jack with you the entire weekend. You'd gulp it down and get it refilled at least once an hour.

<------ Dj

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hell yeah, DJ. Putting back the man's drink. It's amazing how quick those bottles run out, innit?
    Last edited by bassman; 13-May-2010 at 08:41 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post

As I said at the time, You SURE you ain't from Milwaukee?
    Yep i remember that. It was an hour before the Running vs Shamblers panel we were on and I was already on my 4th or 5th Jack and coke, and that guy making them was putting 1/2 to 3/4 Jack and a splash of coke. I walked into that room and I was already fucked.

Kind of like when we all walked into Day of the Dead screening in St. louis.. everyone watched us walk in and knew we were all fucked up, especially me with that shit eating drunken grin on my face.

<------ Dj
    YEPPER LOU!... YEPPER

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Hell yeah, DJ. Putting back the man's drink. It's amazing how quick those bottles run out, innit?

You ain't kiddin'

Dude, when it comes to Jack and Coke or just plain Jack I can hammer them down. I wasn't in St. Louis but 5 minutes after the convention opened and I was already at the bar getting a jack and coke, nice part was after 3 of them I emptied the 5th they had at the bar, which was only half full.

In fact in my contract ryder for Deadlands 3 my agent has listed that at any press appearances Jack and Coke must be on hand. I love my agent.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

HEE HEE!

Dude you were FUCKED!

No other word to describe your condition that night. I mean i wasn't far behind but at least i didn't have to ask what movie we were all watching 5 times.

The wife is still mad at you for that eh?
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 13-May-2010 at 09:45 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Dude you were FUCKED!

No other word to describe your condition that night. I mean i wasn't far behind but at least i didn't have to ask what movie we were all watching 5 times.

Yeah, the wife still doesn't look upon that little excursion with happy memories.

For all wondering wtf this is all about, my wife, her friend & boyfriend, Dj and I went on a weekend getaway in Seven Springs, PA - well, I managed to get so toasted the first night there, I passed out on the couch - then proceeded to wake up several times just to ask "what movie are we watching again?" and immediately pass back out. So ever since then, I've never been able to live it down. Anytime someone talks about partying or wants to mess with me, all they do is look at me and say "what movie are we watching again?"

WTF were we watching? Hitch? I know it was a Will Smith movie, but that's all I can remember..

Super Moderator

UK
    All this talk of ANOES has made me go off and buy the double disc DVD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    All this talk of ANOES has made me go off and buy the double disc DVD.
    Get that Infinifilm version of it if you haven't already bought it - by far the best print of the movie I've seen so far. Not to mention, they put the sound in 6.1 DTS! *drools*

Wow, it's only 5.99 @ Amazon.com (not sure about amazon.co.uk - although a quick search doesn't show the Infinifilm version - is that a US release only?):

Infinifilm - A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 14-May-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Get that Infinifilm version of it if you haven't already bought it - by far the best print of the movie I've seen so far. Not to mention, they put the sound in 6.1 DTS! *drools*

Wow, it's only 5.99 @ Amazon.com (not sure about amazon.co.uk - although a quick search doesn't show the Infinifilm version - is that a US release only?):

Infinifilm - A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
    Yes, those were only USA releases, with Nick being in the Uk it would have to be imported. But you could be a nice guy and buy it for him and mail it to him.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Yeah, the wife still doesn't look upon that little excursion with happy memories.

For all wondering wtf this is all about, my wife, her friend & boyfriend, Dj and I went on a weekend getaway in Seven Springs, PA - well, I managed to get so toasted the first night there, I passed out on the couch - then proceeded to wake up several times just to ask "what movie are we watching again?" and immediately pass back out. So ever since then, I've never been able to live it down. Anytime someone talks about partying or wants to mess with me, all they do is look at me and say "what movie are we watching again?"

WTF were we watching? Hitch? I know it was a Will Smith movie, but that's all I can remember..

YES! IT WAS HITCH! Damn, dude you still can't remember, that was only 5 years ago
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Yes, those were only USA releases, with Nick being in the Uk it would have to be imported. But you could be a nice guy and buy it for him and mail it to him. [COLOR="Silver"]
    I have no issue with that - you want a copy of the Infinifilm R1 version MZ?

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    YES! IT WAS HITCH! Damn, dude you still can't remember, that was only 5 years ago
    Do you remember the condition I was in?!

lmfao

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Do you remember the condition I was in?!

lmfao

Well, if you were just holding coovan for Zombie Man and not indulging in said coovan, you would have been able to remember.

j/k of course
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    I got the R2 2-disc edition (as recommended by DVDCompare - I'm always going there to check I'm getting the best version), which has different artwork, but it's the Infinifilm 'release' - just ported over to R2, you know. Just got posted off today actually, should have it next week.

Very kind of you to offer to send me a copy, but no worries chaps ... besides, being a Brit who's always looking for the best version of a DVD, I've been importing discs for years (a notion that's probably pretty darn rare for Americans in general as you chaps always get the best versions ... the UK sometimes does, sometimes doesn't ... and more often than not, months or even years behind you guys).

ANOES is the best of the series (natch), and I look forward to checking out the extras on it. I've not seen the movie in ages, come to think of it.

DVDCompare.net is a great site, I'm always using it to find the best version, or to at least inform myself - for example, I decided to just get the R2 2-discer of Once Upon A Time In The West cos it was cheap-as-chips over the more expensive R1 import ... which I would have bought over the R2 if the price had been the same, because the R1 has the original mono track (unlike the R2) - but I was willing to let that slide when it's like 10-15 quid cheaper ... besides, I've only seen OUATITW once before years ago so I won't really notice the alternate sound effects (unlike on The Good The Bad & The Ugly, which I've seen several times in mono on video, so the new gunshots are a bit grating ... but I can get past that).

Bit of a tangent there ... ... point being, my 2-discer ANOES DVD is on its way. The R2 version of the Infinifilm edition (being that Infinifilm is an American company only so it seems, I'd never heard of the name before until now).