Thread: Vamp

Chasing Prey

Canada

Vamp

has anyone seen this underrated vampire flick? classic 80's but not over the top.

grace jones, chris makepeace,robert russler,and gedde watanabe star.

pretty solid film that would do so much better in modern times

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    has anyone seen this underrated vampire flick? classic 80's but not over the top.

Billy Drago doesn't get an honorable mention? I'm suprised at you buddy.

Yeah, vampires in a strip club. One of my fav films from back in the day. It was actually on a videotape along with the original dawn and Super inframan.

Man did I wear that cassestte out.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post

I'm not sure I'm ready for this one to be remade. It was very much an 80's movie ( as you said ) but a new version would be hard pressed to beat out the Amazonian Diva as a totally wacked Mistress of the Night. Or Billy Drago (The Adventures of Brisco County Jr, The Untouchables ... etc ) as a funky albino Igor style barker.
    I really only remember Makepeace from three movies. My Bodyguard, Vamp, and some future shock (we're running out of fuel scenario ) film with Lee Majors, The Last Chase.
    Robert Rusler? He was Robert Downey Jr's bud from Weird Science.

Wayne Z

Super Moderator

United States
    I watched the hell out of that movie when I was a kid. It's nice, and I agree under-rated, 80s cheese, to me.

I recently caught it on TV sometime over the last year and it was still a fun, nostalgic watch for me. Drago is great for a bad guy or any sort of eerie looking character, and don't forget Gedde Watanabe.

Whatever happened to Christopher Makepeace, anyway? I mean no other major work that I'm aware after the 80s.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    I
    I really only remember Makepeace from three movies. My Bodyguard, Vamp, and some future shock (we're running out of fuel scenario ) film with Lee Majors, The Last Chase.
    Meatballs, My Bodyguard, Mazes and Monsters and...ummm...there's got to be a few more I'm forgetting. He was basically very active for the 80s and then...

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    He was Robert Downey Jr's bud from Weird Science.

Wayne Z
    Wow, I'd never have noticed that, completely different look because of the hair for that role.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    +1 for VAMP. Always loved that film and watched the shit out of my VHS of it. One I will blind buy on Blu-Ray when it hits
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Billy Drago doesn't get an honorable mention? I'm suprised at you buddy.

Yeah, vampires in a strip club. One of my fav films from back in the day. It was actually on a videotape along with the original dawn and Super inframan.

Man did I wear that cassestte out.

sorry i almost forgot 3 coffees, black...........to go

Undisclosed
    I LOVE VAMP.I don't know what happened to that movie it got so quickly forgotten about.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostdude View Post
    I LOVE VAMP.I don't know what happened to that movie it got so quickly forgotten about.
    It won't be as soon as they remake it, which can't be far off.

The industry is totally bankrupt of ideas at this point so it makes sense.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostdude View Post
    I think it was a lower budget product of the times and easily dismissed by people who probably wouldn't appreciate both the genre and the fun way the film approached it. It's a shame too, but the film lives on.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I think it was a lower budget product of the times and easily dismissed by people who probably wouldn't appreciate both the genre and the fun way the film approached it. It's a shame too, but the film lives on.
    It's definitely a film I need to own.

So many of my favs are of the "cult" variety and unfortunately never even sniff network airwaves.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It won't be as soon as they remake it, which can't be far off.

The industry is totally bankrupt of ideas at this point so it makes sense.

Shhhhh, they might hear you.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hell yeah it is available on DVD Via eBay.

Just scooped one up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VAMP-Grace-Jones...item3a4aefaebb
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Hell yeah it is available on DVD Via eBay.

Just scooped one up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VAMP-Grace-Jones...item3a4aefaebb

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cf...-94659B4CDA67/

United States
    I thought it was on dvd because wayyyy back I swear my rental place had a copy but it was all scratched up to the point of being unplayable until they took it off the shelf.
    Would like to see it again because Grace was creepy enough without what they did to her in that.
    I had nightmares after seeing her naughty pictorial with Dolph back in the day.
    Scareh.

United States
    I used to LOVE Vamp. I used to have Vamp and American Werewolf in London on the same tape and I watched both movies religiously.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."