Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of the Dead Pictures

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Dawn of the Dead Pictures

My Name is Richard Burke. In 1978, I covered the filming of Dawn of the Dead for Pittsburgh Magazine. I have recently been scanning old negatives and uploading images to two sites. I have images for sale on my commercial site at : http://www.redbubble.com/people/imagery

You can also view other images at my blog site : http://indian-richard.blogspot.com/.

Please leave comments and I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I did taking them.

Undisclosed
    Those pics are awesome, Richard; thanks for sharing them! I may order a few prints.
    "Add the Calgon!"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Burke View Post
    My Name is Richard Burke. In 1978, I covered the filming of Dawn of the Dead for Pittsburgh Magazine. I have recently been scanning old negatives and uploading images to two sites. I have images for sale on my commercial site at : http://www.redbubble.com/people/imagery

You can also view other images at my blog site : http://indian-richard.blogspot.com/.

Please leave comments and I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I did taking them.
    Great stuff!!

Undisclosed
    Will these pictures be made available as well?
    "Add the Calgon!"

Undisclosed
    "picture of film director George Romero on the set of Dawn of the Dead in 1978. He was as nice a person as could be especially compared to Richard Rubinstein the asshole who was the Producer."

Holy Crap!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Foster View Post
    Will these pictures be made available as well?
    I can make them available. If you tell me which images you like, I will upload them to RedBubble so they can be purchased.
    Thanks for your interest.

ViP

United States
    Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing. Do you possibly have a link to your article online?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Everyone always calls Rubenstein an asshole. Was it mostly just the way he spoke to/approached people? Dismissive, arrogant and condescending?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing. Do you possibly have a link to your article online?
    Actually, I don't have a copy of the Pittsburgh Magazine article at all. If only I would have know, I would have kept them in acid free sleeves like my Mr. Natural comics

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Everyone always calls Rubenstein an asshole. Was it mostly just the way he spoke to/approached people? Dismissive, arrogant and condescending?
    Actually he was all of those things. Constantly disagreeing with Mike and George, commenting after every shot, he was always yelling at the Zombies and PA's, just disagreeable.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I can make them available. If you tell me which images you like, I will upload them to RedBubble so they can be purchased.
    I hav been posting more of the Dawn of the Dead pictures to RedBubble so check them out if you have a chance

http://www.redbubble.com/people/imagery

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Just listen to his commentary track and you can tell he's all of those things....

Undisclosed
    The ones with Jeannie Jefferies (the blonde) making up a zombie, George reaching into the fountain, and the alternate shot of Ken Foree are cool. For now, I can only order postcards of your images (and most definitely will do so in the next few days, once my Paypal account has been "re-loaded" ), but I'll gladly get all of them. Thanks again, Richard!

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

I can make them available. If you tell me I hav been posting more of the Dawn of the Dead pictures to RedBubble so check them out if you have a chance

http://www.redbubble.com/people/imagery
    "Zombie Coffee Break" with Marty & Tom is a CLASSIC!!
    "Add the Calgon!"

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Foster View Post
    The ones with Jeannie Jefferies (the blonde) making up a zombie, George reaching into the fountain, and the alternate shot of Ken Foree are cool. For now, I can only order postcards of your images (and most definitely will do so in the next few days, once my Paypal account has been "re-loaded" ), but I'll gladly get all of them. Thanks again, Richard!

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

"Zombie Coffee Break" with Marty & Tom is a CLASSIC!!
    Thanks for your card purchase!

United States
    Just ordered 8 cards. Love the photos!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Just ordered 8 cards. Love the photos!
    Thanks! Love your Steeler's logo, can not wait for the season!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Great photos! Lucky of you to have experienced that.