Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TAURUS remaking Day... AGAIN...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    How did you not see the bread, dude? There's an entire scene/joke about it!

That was a really good bonding moment betwwen stephen and peter.

The relationship had seemed advasarial up until the mall had been cleard out.

Maybe because Stephen knew roger had one foot in the grave and he better get on the big black man's good side?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    will it actually be a direct remake of the original day? if so, the arms through the wall scene is gonna scare people shitless

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    will it actually be a direct remake of the original day? if so, the arms through the wall scene is gonna scare people shitless

Scares like that are few and far between nowdays.

In recent years it's been all about the gore factor.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    not sure if this was said already, but danny huston is aboard

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    not sure if this was said already, but danny huston is aboard
    His only writing credit... and it is not Zombie DAY of the DEAD. It is a completely different film with that title.

In other news, and being the guy who likes to hang his balls out there regardless of the outcome. I fired off an email to Taurus on this flick offering my services:

Jim/Anna,

I understand you are about to go into production on Another version of Day of the Dead, and I am aware that the last two efforts were not well received in the horror community among zombie fans. I in no way mean that as a swipe or bad thing about either flick, it is just hard to please this fan base.

You may or may not remember me from building your website for Day Contagium back in 2005 and handling some of the earlier PR. I also handled PR for the DAWN remake and guest spotted as a zombie in Romero’s LAND (2005).

Since 2006 I have been making my own films, Deadlands: The Rising and Deadlands 2 Trapped. Deadlands 2 has been very well received and is leading to bigger and better things… however what really interests me is this next version of Day of the Dead you have coming up. I would like to be considered as the films director. I am able to work on tight budgets and bring out a quality product.

Here is the trailer link for Deadlands 2, my $6,000.00 Budgeted Zombie flick that has been nominated 8 times and has won 3 awards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oidl3mtkeFo

I believe this trailer will show you the quality I can bring forth on a miniscule budget with the team I use for making movies and my team and I feel we can bring you the Day of the Dead remake film you need and ZOMBIE fans want. I have also pasted my recent press release for my award wins in Washington, DC

If you have any questions please feel free to call me

My number XXX-XXX-XXXX

Thanks

Gary Ugarek
    Yeah its a fucking longshot, but I don't want to see another Day 08 or Contagium, so I said fuck it and took the initiative to see if they will hand of the directors chair.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 25-Aug-2010 at 11:26 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    His only writing credit... and it is not Zombie DAY of the DEAD. It is a completely different film with that title.

In other news, and being the guy who likes to hang his balls out there regardless of the outcome. I fired off an email to Taurus on this flick offering my services:

Yeah its a fucking longshot, but I don't want to see another Day 08 or Contagium, so I said fuck it and took the initiative to see if they will hand of the directors chair.
    Best of luck....anything to avoid the last two remakes.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Best of luck....anything to avoid the last two remakes.
    Indeed.

Ghey08 and Craptagium were hellish abominations of turditude.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Indeed.

Ghey08 and Craptagium were hellish abominations of turditude.
    Which if I can get this gig I would hope to avoid.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Which if I can get this gig I would hope to avoid.
    But...but....you think Dawn04 is the greatest zombie movie of the last 20 years. Not a good start, deej. Not a good start.

And lay off of Day08 damn it. I like that movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    But...but....you think Dawn04 is the greatest zombie movie of the last 20 years. Not a good start, deej. Not a good start.

It is... I also dig Shaun and Zombieland, but in terms of Epic Zombie Action Horror... Dawn 04 is the best
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Deej loves the zombie baby. What a novel concept, and so well executed, he says. Second to that is the velocaraptor screams, ihho (in his humble opinion).
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

I'm sure you're joking.

But in case you're not, You're comparing day 08' to dawn 04'?

It is... I also dig Shaun and Zombieland, but in terms of Epic Zombie Action Horror... Dawn 04 is the best

Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Deej loves the zombie baby. What a novel concept, and so well executed, he says. Second to that is the velocaraptor screams, ihho (in his humble opinion).
    Which is so much worse than big daddy's yelps.

And what kind of name is big daddy anyway?

I would never call a another man big anything.

United Kingdom
    If you get the gig....runners or shamblers?
    Kill 'em All

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I'm sure you're joking.

But in case you're not, You're comparing day 08' to dawn 04'?
    Nah....just busting Dj's balls a bit. I do dig Day 08, though. Purely in a funny MST3K/Batman & Robin kind of way.

And Ghost....of course he would have runners. Gotta put some kiddies and tweens in the seats, don't we?

United Kingdom
    Nah....just busting Dj's balls a bit. I do dig Day 08, though. Purely in a funny MST3K/Batman & Robin kind of way.

And Ghost....of course he would have runners. Gotta put some kiddies and tweens in the seats, don't we?
    In a properly done remake of Day, there'd be no need for runners, just no need. I didn't mind the runners in Dawn '04, but there's no place for them in Day '10/'11. Might as well have them driving cars and running on the ceiling...oh, wait...
    Kill 'em All