Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TAURUS remaking Day... AGAIN...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You know Ghost I thought about that... and considering it is DAY of the DEAD and it needs a proper remake not the garbage that is out there... if I can get the amount of extras needed and follow Romero's formula in how he shows the devastation in Ft Meyers...

I would use Shamblers... Plus this is a Romero film we are talking about,and it would be dick-ish of me to ask you guys to support me in getting the gig then go and use RUNNERS.

This would be my only time to use Shamblers.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Question Deej,

(And I s'pose for evver'body else, too)

Would you do a 'straight' remake of the original Day, or would you attempt to include elements from the original Day of the Dead script?

I s'pose you'd wind up with a sort of Day/Land hybrid.

Thoughts?
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I would use Romero's original Day script, and mix it with his shooting draft script
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I would use Romero's original Day script, and mix it with his shooting draft script
    I don't understand how anyone can seriously consider that script film worthy. Are you gonna have the film culminate with a girl infused with nitro vials turn herself into a walking human bomb and blow up the under-mountain stronghold/pleasure den? Is Bub gonna be a quick-draw cowboy zombie?

I would have to think that if someone makes that script into a low budge Day remake it will look worse than Day '08, and probably no one except the most hardcore fans will even recognize it as an homage.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well the changes I would make would definitely be no BUB, no smart zombies, none of that crap, but keep the aspect of Logan dissecting zombies to find out what is going on... just remove the whole trying to teach aspect.

The Nitrol Vials aspect i would change into something a little more modern... along the lines of a suicide bomb, but instead of it being some type of resistance... doing it... I would have Rhodes be the one behind it, using someone from the little resistence group as a pawn to "Get their attention"

I am very open to suggestions from Zombie fans though on this... I mean I haven't heard squat back from these guys so I pretty much can rightfully say without a doubt they aren't going to give me the job, but I would be majorly open to fan input and tailor the story around that input and keeping it very horror oriented.

However, everything Romero has done recently with BD and other smart zombies... I would rightfully not use and go back to the original horror element.

I would however like to do a Terminator 2 style opening... showing everything being peachy, and over the course of the first 10-15 minutes show it all go to shit, the US government setting up these bunkers with scientists and what not... showing speeches on how they will try and get it all under control...(using a lot of the TV interview style moments from the original DAWN to set up the tone on how dire the situation really is, then fast forward 3-4 years into the devastation of the zombie infested world... by opening it right back up in FT. Meyers... I thought it would be cool to go back onto the same streets Romero used in the original DAY and then have the story unfold from there.

Of course if I could get the job and the money behind it... I would of course shoot it in 2.35:1 and maybe even some IMAX moments... I always thought it would be cool to see a ZOMBIE flick in IMAX.... NO 3D, that would be my only gripe on this project and I would do what i could to talk the powers that be out of the 3D aspect. I am like Cameron on thoughts in regards to 3D... use it right, don't use it to suck the last drops of blood out of a dying franchise.

However, my first and foremost goal would be to turn in a remake of DAY that would wash the shit stain foul tasting after math of the previous two attempts.

I guess the major question is... do any of you have faith in me to pull this off?

If so, then help me get the job. As zombie fans you can contact the production companies involved and say your peace.

Info:

Taurus Entertainment Company (James Dudelson/Ana Clavell)
    Los Angeles, CA:
    5555 Melrose Ave
    Marx Brothers Bldg, Suite 103/104
    Los Angeles, CA 90036
    USA
    Phn: 818-935-5157
    Fax: 323-686-5379
    http://www.taurusec.com/
    taurusentco@yahoo.com

Millennium Films more » Los Angeles, CA:
    6423 Wilshire Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90048
    USA
    Phn: +1 310 388 6900
    Fax: +1 310 388 6901
    http://www.nuimage.net/
    info@nuimage.net

If any of you know me, you know I more or less bleed for the zombie genre, but I also won't praise Romeros work when I feel it is subpar, and some of you are ont he same path as I... but I know I can do this and do it right. So anyone wanna help and have their voice be heard or do we as fans want to keep bending over and taking it up the ass?
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 30-Aug-2010 at 02:56 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!