Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Langoliers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Love The Langoliers. I own the VHS - however, my VCR hasn't been in operation in about 2 years, and may never be again, so who knows when I'll see it again.
    Awhile back i was looking through an unopened box from my move a few months back and found an old vhs tape and for a fraction of a second i thought "wait, what the hell is this?" a second later it clicked but damn, been over a decade now since i switched to discs for everything and now its only discs for certain things. certainly not music so finding a vhs was unusual. they dont seem to have the kitch value or vinyl or lasertiscs i reckon there gonna jsut be like casettes and just be gone.

Hell i wouldnt be surprised if theres a few tweens now who dont know what a vhs tape is.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Hell i wouldnt be surprised if theres a few tweens now who dont know what a vhs tape is.
    I'm 100% positive there are plenty of teens that have no clue what VHS is.

There were people my age in my Electronic Media class last semester that had no idea what vinyl was.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    There were people my age in my Electronic Media class last semester that had no idea what vinyl was.
    i'm sure that you told folks to check themselves before they wrecked themselves over that. if'n i remember correctly, you are a big, big fan of vinyl.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    The only Stephen King deal worth its salt from start to finish screenwise is The Stand. The Langoliers was interesting until you realise they are being chased by metal Pac Mans or something. Everyone always screws up the endings.
    I really liked his books as a kid but rereading them now...
    Kinda gay.
    I like Clive Barker stuff alot better.

England
    I'm 100% positive there are plenty of teens that have no clue what VHS is.
    Even worse, theres plenty of teens & people in their early 20's who dont know what a Master system, Game Gear, NES, or Megadrive are! the only ones who know are those who actively seek out retro gaming (i.e. geeky students & emo kids)

United States
    The richer the kids are, the more likely they are to not know what you're talking about. They could afford all the newest technological crap the instant it came out.

Poor kids are more likely to have been exposed to old (cheaper) things. For instance, CDs (and, more importantly, their retardedly-expensive players) came out in the mid-80s, but I was stuck listening to cassettes until 1991. Why? Because that's what poor folks have to do.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i'm sure that you told folks to check themselves before they wrecked themselves over that. if'n i remember correctly, you are a big, big fan of vinyl.
    Yes sir. My collection of albums I actually enjoy is around 500 LP's and 100 7"s. On top of that, I've got hundreds of other LP's of oldies, classical, polka, light rock, jazz, etc. that I don't ever listen to, but can't bare to part with.

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Poor kids are more likely to have been exposed to old (cheaper) things. For instance, CDs (and, more importantly, their retardedly-expensive players) came out in the mid-80s, but I was stuck listening to cassettes until 1991. Why? Because that's what poor folks have to do.
    I know what you mean. My Mother and I didn't even have a CD player/CD's until 1995 when a Sega CD was cheap enough for her to buy me... so we technically didn't even have a CD player that year.

Wow, this thread veered way off course.

England
    I downloaded and watched this several years ago...I thought it was ok.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    The Scifi Channel runs both the Langoliers and Stand miniseries three or four times a year.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse