Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Langoliers

Chasing Prey

Canada

The Langoliers

did anyone see this? thoughts?

United States
    you talking about the made-fo-tv miniseries that had that dude from "perfect strangers" in it? if so, yeah, but it's been years.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    you talking about the made-fo-tv miniseries that had that dude from "perfect strangers" in it? if so, yeah, but it's been years.

yessir!! i love the flick but if made into a 3 hour theater movie, it'd be GREAT. but the part where the little girl screams is REALLY annoying. enouh to make you wanna turn your tv down

United States
    they ever air it on tv anymore? seems like it might have been on scifi or something a couple of years back....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    did anyone see this? thoughts?
    Enjoyed the book (which I read on a plane trip) but thought the miniseries was pretty lame - it didn't gel with me.

My wife bought a video set of it from a local video rental shop "going out of business' sale, and I've tried but just can't groove with bad acting, bad direction.

Admittedly, though, it could just be me- since my homie Ace liked it I'll consider giving it another shot sometime.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 20-May-2010 at 06:32 AM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

England
    It must be 10 years since i watched that! I enjoyed it then, but I bet the CGI hasnt aged well?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    the whole series hasn't aged well (actors, cgi, plot) but it was still an enjoyable miniseries that my mum found in a bag of abandoned VHSs years and years ago...(just happened to come across a bag full of brand new tapes in the early 90s)

Very Romero-esque if you think about it
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i rented that from the local store when it was a "dillons" and i really dug it, i was like 8 or 9 at the time and the concept freaked me out, these flying meatballs with chainsaw mouths but i really enjoyed it. not my favourite king miniseries, thats gotta be the stand tied with storm of the century but i prefer the langoliers to rose red by a mile.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Love the book, the MFTV miniseries was decent, I think it should be remade with a competent director and cast, but otherwise the MFTV version was ok.

It was definitely creepy, I will give it that much
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    I liked the mini series. It wasn't the greatest, but it's one of those movies to me that's like a car wreck - you just can't help but watch.

The CGI certainly doesn't hold up at this point, but then again, that's the case with most of the old horror movies I watch. Doesn't take too much away from the overall experience.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    the whole series hasn't aged well (actors, cgi, plot) but it was still an enjoyable miniseries that my mum found in a bag of abandoned VHSs years and years ago...(just happened to come across a bag full of brand new tapes in the early 90s)

Very Romero-esque if you think about it

wasnt meant to be all pristeen. why would u have a HUGE budget for a tv movie that ur gonna make money on anyway?

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    they ever air it on tv anymore? seems like it might have been on scifi or something a couple of years back....

i'd bet on it. cuz sci fi used to do king/romero marathons

United States
    I think it would be interesting to see how Frank Darabont would have adapted that movie to the screen. He seems to get most King stories spot-on.

Undisclosed
    Low-rent but watchable TV movie. Bronson Pinchot was priceless. "I'm goin' to Boston! I'm goin' to Boston!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    Low-rent but watchable TV movie. Bronson Pinchot was priceless. "I'm goin' to Boston! I'm goin' to Boston!"
    The sweaty guy who shredded the paper? Yeah he was literally the first time i saw a douche on screen and whent "man what a dick".

-biggest dick in a tv series still goes to leo jhonson in twin peaks. that guy is so repulsive i dont think ive ever called a tv character a cunt before and probably wont again.

man i hated that guy

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Love The Langoliers. I own the VHS - however, my VCR hasn't been in operation in about 2 years, and may never be again, so who knows when I'll see it again.