Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: "Rise of the Apes" - Planet of the Apes prequel

United States

"Rise of the Apes" - Planet of the Apes prequel

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovie...ranco-goes-ape

Mother f*ck. F*cking WETA are doing C.G. apes. Cartoon apes?!?!?! Why can't they use Rick Baker? What was wrong with the makeup in the Re-make of planet of the apes? What is going on with movies?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ghlight=ceasar

I agree though. F*ck CGI apes, f*ck a "prequel"(it can't be a prequel if the original series is a complete circle!!!!), and f*ck this reboot.

United States
    You know, I do searches but they never work for me. Oh well. They will delete it if they need to.
    Last edited by fulci fan; 21-May-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ghlight=ceasar

I agree though. F*ck CGI apes, f*ck a "prequel"(it can't be a prequel if the original series is a complete circle!!!!), and f*ck this reboot.

Well, it would be interesting to see what transpired in our society between the 3 and 4th films. (15-20 year gap?) Or between the 4th and 5th films for that matter.

It sounds alot like that's what they'll be covering.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Well, it would be interesting to see what transpired in our society between the 3 and 4th films. (15-20 year gap?) Or between the 4th and 5th films for that matter.

It sounds alot like that's what they'll be covering.

It does not matter if the story is cool or not. The fact that the apes will be CG ruins the movie completely.

United States
    Yes, use real trained apes or not at all.

Thus leading the director to create an army of trained apes during filming, which upon losing their jobs after filming ends riot throughout Hollywood, and thus sets the stage for a real life Planet of the Apes.

It's self-fulfilling. Great advice fulci.
    Last edited by Trin; 21-May-2010 at 08:35 PM.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    It does not matter if the story is cool or not. The fact that the apes will be CG ruins the movie completely.
    They. Nuked. The. Fridge.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Yes, use real trained apes or not at all.

Thus leading the director to create an army of trained apes during filming, which upon losing their jobs after filming ends riot throughout Hollywood, and thus sets the stage for a real life Planet of the Apes.

It's self-fulfilling. Great advice fulci.
    Trained apes? You think that the only two options to have realistic apes in a movie are CG apes and real trained apes? or were you joking?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They should revive Roddy McDowell and Kim Hunter in zombie form. Then call it Planet of the Living Dead Apes. The subtext could be hollywood's obsession with running franchises into the ground and having nothing original. Maybe then I would care.
    Last edited by bassman; 22-May-2010 at 12:58 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    Trained apes? You think that the only two options to have realistic apes in a movie are CG apes and real trained apes? or were you joking?
    It was the joking one. :P

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    They should revive Roddy McDowell and Kim Hunter in zombie form. Then call it Planet of the Living Dead Apes. The subtext could be hollywood's obsession with running franchises into the ground and having nothing original. Maybe then I would care.
    I'd watch that. And it's relevant. And if GAR did it he could poke at the industry. It's genius.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yeah... the only cool ape imo is a living dead one. Case in point, the "Clint Eastwood" music video.

United States
    Back in 2006 Mr. Comics made a six issue limited series called 'Revolution on the Planet of the Apes'. While it's not considered to be cannon, it does provide one vision of the events immediately following Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.

Only downside is they didn't stay consistent with the time line of the original POTA movies. Instead they tried to move events forward into the 21st century, adding modern technology and events into the story line. While not entirely successful it presents some interesting ideas.

Unfortunately due to poor sales the sequel miniseries 'Empire on the Planet of the Apes' was canceled.

Flash preview of issue 3
    http://www.mrcomics.ca/freestory.htm

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That comic looks badass. Can't say I'm a big fan of the Apes having technology, though. I know it's closer to Boulle's original novel, but I just prefer my apes slightly on the primitive side of things.

Eyebiter.....judging by your signature you're obviously a fan. I'm curious as to what order you rank the five theatrical films?

United States
    Tim Burton's re-make sucked. In fact, does Tim Burton actually do films anymore that aren't re-makes?

I have zero interest in seeing this. CGI apes? Seriously? No thanks.

This is a slap to the face of Charlton Heston, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for slapping Charlton Heston. That would end badly.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Tim Burton's re-make sucked. In fact, does Tim Burton actually do films anymore that aren't re-makes?
    His last original work was Corpse Bride. Before that, the last original was Edward Scissorhands in 1990.

I do get tired of his remakes and "i'm a gothic artist" style....but i'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt because of Big Fish. I absolutely love that film. And strangely it's his least "Tim Burton" film...

This is a slap to the face of Charlton Heston, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for slapping Charlton Heston. That would end badly.
    How is it a slap to Heston? Heston was involved with the original and (against his will) in the first sequel, Beneath. I would shoot more for a slap in the face to Roddy McDowell seeing as how this is a remake of Conquest/Battle. McDowell and Kim Hunter are the true stars of the entire series, imo.

As much as I love Heston...I could see the original POTA working just fine with another actor. Heston deserves some high fives for taking a chance with the project, but I don't think the series owes him anything.
    Last edited by bassman; 26-May-2010 at 02:24 PM.