Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A short video with Frank Darabont about "The Walking Dead" on AMC

Super Moderator

UK
    Didn't Savini say something when doing Night90 that they made the eyes milky because that's what happens? I dig the milky eyes ... the sore-looking, red/yellow eyes don't bother me anywhere near as much as the "orthodontic nightmares" ... but milky eyes would be better than bloody-eyes ... as they said on the Making Of for Night90, or something like that, the milky look makes gets across the point that these aren't people anymore - they're soul-less shadows of their former selves.

I dug that. More milky eyes please!

Oh yes, and normal teeth that get fucked up when munching on human bones.

United States
    i'll agree that the milky vacant eyes look much better than the raging red eyes. that's the only thing i'm disappointed with so far from what i've seen/heard about the walking dead tv series.

and in real life, eyeballs deflate and begin to look like raisins within a day or so of the heart not beating due to lack of blood pressure...but we don't need our ghouls to be that realistic.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I would like to see the milky eyes, but also rolled back a bit like Nicotero's Doctor in Diary. I thought that had a pretty cool effect.

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, it'd be pretty hard/expensive to shrink someone's eyeballs like a raisin.

I could see a use for raging red eyes when someone is becoming increasingly infected ... perhaps ... or just before they die. Then afterwards - the milky way, baby.