Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: First Look at AMC's The Walking Dead Zombies as Production Begins

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Some photos from the set. A bit blurry, but we can see some of the larger zombie crowds and get an idea of what the deserted city looks like.

Not much, but I know some of us a drooling over any bit of info we can get...

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Some photos from the set. A bit blurry, but we can see some of the larger zombie crowds and get an idea of what the deserted city looks like.
    *Drool cycle complete.

*Commencing pant wet in...3...2...1...pant wet activated.

Actually there's a very nice DAY vibe going on there. Me like.

Undisclosed
    i'll be heading down there tomorrow - hopefully i'll get some good shots!

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooh! It's the bit when Glenn and Rick gore themselves up as a zombie defense test!

I'm currently on Vol. 2 btw.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ooh! It's the bit when Glenn and Rick gore themselves up as a zombie defense test!

I'm currently on Vol. 2 btw.
    Looking at getting some of these, but volumes 1-5 of the collected books in hardback will set me back around £75.

Edit: found a big-ass collection containing issues 1-48 for under £40 - How many issues are there up to date

Last edited by Legion2213; 03-Jul-2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Looking at getting some of these, but volumes 1-5 of the collected books in hardback will set me back around £75.

Edit: found a big-ass collection containing issues 1-48 for under £40 - How many issues are there up to date

I think they're into issue 70-something now.

I started on the Volumes (single story arc 6-issue runs combined into a "trade paperback") in case I didn't get into it, but I should have known better that I would.

Trades 2 and 3 are sat there (about mid-way through Vol. 2 now) ... but I do like to read on the shitter, so it's always easier to have a paperback in your hand than a hardback.

United States
    I just picked up the elusive volume 11 (it's been elusive to me anyway) last night at Border's Bookstore and read it this morning. Man, I am addicted to this series! I already ordered volume 12 thru my comic book store, but that comes out a week from Tuesday!

It kinda sucks, because at that point, I have to start collecting the series issue by issue each month, like all the other suckers. I've been spoiled up to this point.

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I just picked up the elusive volume 11 (it's been elusive to me anyway) last night at Border's Bookstore and read it this morning. Man, I am addicted to this series! I already ordered volume 12 thru my comic book store, but that comes out a week from Tuesday!

It kinda sucks, because at that point, I have to start collecting the series issue by issue each month, like all the other suckers. I've been spoiled up to this point.
    I got a message from amazon saying Vol 12 has been put back till August 09 2010.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    I got a message from amazon saying Vol 12 has been put back till August 09 2010.

Ah yes, I can remember those days of having to wait a month for the next issue of a particular comic to come out.

Yes it is maddening. One tends to forget that in this age where we can pretty much have everything we want on demand or over night.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    How many issues are there up to date
    Earlier in this thread, I posted all the available formats of The Walking Dead and I think it just got skipped over by everyone. They're on issue #73 now.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Ah yes, I can remember those days of having to wait a month for the next issue of a particular comic to come out.

Yes it is maddening. One tends to forget that in this age where we can pretty much have everything we want on demand or over night.

It's not an issue that he's talking about, though, Darth. It's a trade.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just got 71-73 from my pull list. This is finally picking up again, fear the hunters was good, but aside from rick and the phone (if you know, you know) its been slow and boring for a while.
    Nice to have some hbo drama style intrigue again.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

From the article:

In the photos, taken last weekend, you can see the show’s leads are trying to out run the zombies in a red Dodge Challenger.

Uh oh.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    In the photos, taken last weekend, you can see the show’s leads are trying to out run the zombies in a red Dodge Challenger. Uh oh.
    You maybe reading a little too much in to that...

Just because you're trying to out run something doesn't mean the thing you're running from is also running - it's just a figure of speech, probably meaning they're just trying to stay a head of the horde, as you would. Not familiar with the source material (yet!), so I don't know for sure but if it's an apocalypse then it probably quite a large horde that you'd do well to run away from.

Like the book says: Don't Panic! (big friendly letters).

Gotta love fandom!

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, TWC has big hoardes from the-off pretty much, and the sequence in the comic that is in those set photos features a whole shedload of zombies - and as they say in the comics themselves, you don't want to fanny about, cos you'll get surrounded.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Really? I checked amazon and its still listed as a July 13, 2010 release date. Also, my comic book store hasn't said anything to me about it being late (I ordered it thru them). Hopefully its still running on time!