Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: First Look at AMC's The Walking Dead Zombies as Production Begins

United States
    The fact that you used the word "Sheeple" makes me take you faaaaar less seriously, Dube...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    The fact that you used the word "Sheeple" makes me take you faaaaar less seriously, Dube...
    Well, I was at work and was typing rather quickly so that 'da boss' wouldn't see what I was up to.

But what better way to describe it? You don't become all giddy in anticipation for a Romero film, so why act that way for this project? At this point, The Walking Dead simply has to be "epic" given the way some fans have built it up as a means to dethrone Romero as the reigning king of zombiedom, but at the end of the day, it's just a TV series based on a good comic series with a skilled director at the helm. I'd rather keep some perspective so that it will be enjoyable rather than a letdown.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think anyone expects it to "dethrone" Romero. Nobody wants to shame Romero or anything, we just want a great zombie film/series. There have been many attempts, and some close, over the years but none have matched the dread and mood of the original trilogy. Day was the last true zombie film, imo. And the best.

And anticipation isn't a bad thing. As long as you keep yourself in check, there is no reason NOT to get excited about something that clearly looks awesome.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Just don't expect the mindless priase of sheeple if the end product plays to every bad cliche in the book.
    But isn't that what. . um. . . sheeple are supposed to do? Mindlessly praise? And don't they love cliche's? And isn't the term "sheeple" insanely cliched?
    Last edited by clanglee; 21-Sep-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Looks like it will be good. Sounds like it'll be good. Too bad I won't get to see it. I downgraded to your basic local antenna stations sometime ago. If anybody knows of a way to see the episodes over the web give me a holler. I discovered that comic way back when and bought the first few issues, what got me was the exceptional cover artwork. I'm going to have to re-visit them.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I don't think anyone expects it to "dethrone" Romero. Nobody wants to shame Romero or anything, we just want a great zombie film/series.
    Perhaps you don't feel that way, but there are many others who, based on their comments, demonstrate a warped personal agenda against Romero due to his recent films. Viewing this new series as a means to unseat the reigning "king" of the genre can never be a good thing, particularly when the same people wishing to tear Romero down are the ones that put him there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    But isn't that what. . um. . . sheeple are supposed to do? Mindlessly praise? And don't they love cliche's?
    Correct, so isn't that why nobody should expect that type of behavior here?

Amazing that everyone chose to ignore an example of how The Walking Dead is already following cliche just to fixate on "sheeple."
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 28-Sep-2010 at 02:40 PM.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    Looks like it will be good. Sounds like it'll be good. Too bad I won't get to see it. I downgraded to your basic local antenna stations sometime ago. If anybody knows of a way to see the episodes over the web give me a holler. I discovered that comic way back when and bought the first few issues, what got me was the exceptional cover artwork. I'm going to have to re-visit them.
    I expect the DVD box set will follow shortly after the series finishes, they usually do these days!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I don't think anyone expects it to "dethrone" Romero. Nobody wants to shame Romero or anything, we just want a great zombie film/series. There have been many attempts, and some close, over the years but none have matched the dread and mood of the original trilogy. Day was the last true zombie film, imo. And the best.

And anticipation isn't a bad thing. As long as you keep yourself in check, there is no reason NOT to get excited about something that clearly looks awesome.

Exactly. He's the father of the genre and no number of shitty films he releases is going to change that.

It's like winning championship rings in 1968, 1978 and 1985. Although you might not be able to perform at the level you once did no one can take that away from you.

But then you have the otheside of the argument where no matter how good a zombie film may be ar has the potential to be some won't give it it's due in order not to disrespect GAr.

Just because he didn't make it doesn't mean it's not great. Conversely, just because he makes it doesn't give it a free pass.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Exactly. He's the father of the genre and no number of shitty films he releases is going to change that.

It's like winning championship rings in 1968, 1978 and 1985. Although you might not be able to perform at the level you once did no one can take that away from you.
    Great analogy, Darth.

One change - He didn't just win the champioship ring in 1968 - He invented the @#$%-ing game...
    Last edited by BillyRay; 28-Sep-2010 at 06:15 PM.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I expect the DVD box set will follow shortly after the series finishes, they usually do these days!
    And I do hope we'll get lots of juicy extra features too!

Speaking of all things TWD, I've just started reading Vol. 4 ...

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

But then you have the otheside of the argument where no matter how good a zombie film may be ar has the potential to be some won't give it it's due in order not to disrespect GAr.

Just because he didn't make it doesn't mean it's not great. Conversely, just because he makes it doesn't give it a free pass.

George A. Romero - the Muhammed Ali of zombie films.
    Kill 'em All

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And I do hope we'll get lots of juicy extra features too!

Speaking of all things TWD, I've just started reading Vol. 4 ...
    You can imagine they'll have been filming lots of behind the scenes stuff especially for the DVD's?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    If AMC doesn't offer it for a day or two after the episode airred, then you could always use other means. That's probably how I'll have to keep up with episodes until I can purchase the season on DVD.

England
    Loads of new pics here

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=23673

This ones particularly nasty

The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Can't wait to see that scene in the rain. Just that small clip of it on the commercial looked awesome...