Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: First Look at AMC's The Walking Dead Zombies as Production Begins

Super Moderator

United States
    Well, I'm not going to panic based off a couple inconclusive stills.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    WHAT? You mean you're going to be reasonable and wait for the finished product before judging? How dare you???

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    WHAT? You mean you're going to be reasonable and wait for the finished product before judging? How dare you???
    <----Rebel

It's not like I'm without concern, but mine mainly has to do with the middle story arcs and narrative. However, a somewhat compressed approach (doing everything to date in a few seasons), makes me feel a bit better. I'm not saying I want them to rush it, but after the initial outlay of the story and characters a decent, but varying pace will be needed to keep people who aren't completely into zombies hooked.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    This.

Undisclosed

Red face mmmmmm.....

wow! this thread is still goin' on? the length of this thread is puttin' my cock 2 shame!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    wow! this thread is still goin' on? the length of this thread is puttin' my cock 2 shame!

Well, if you think about it we haven't had a satifactory zombie effort in quite sometime.

We salivate at that possibility, so expect this thread to be active till' atleast October.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    We salivate at that possibility, so expect this thread to be active till' atleast October.
    Oh, there will be threads about this for years to come. Most of which will probably be complaints that it's not Dawn of the Dead 2.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh, there will be threads about this for years to come. Most of which will probably be complaints that it's not Dawn of the Dead 2.
    Shit, without that this site would shut down !

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Ireland
    I'll start:

The Walking Dead? Pfft...rubbish.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Undisclosed

Unhappy

that's funny how many people feel that same way! someday were all gonna realize that Dawn (original) was those once in a lifetime movies that'll never have anything ever come close to it....sad thought, but not impossible!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    that's funny how many people feel that same way! someday were all gonna realize that Dawn (original) was those once in a lifetime movies that'll never have anything ever come close to it....sad thought, but not impossible!

Well, to be fair no one has even attempted to follow the same formula.

Not even Gar himself.

Call it respect for his work or whatever but if a similar film were made today why wouldn't it be good?

Undisclosed

Thumbs down

Well, to be fair no one has even attempted to follow the same formula.

Not even Gar himself.

Call it respect for his work or whatever but if a similar film were made today why wouldn't it be good?

why wouldn't it be good? 1 thing comes to mind C.G."FUCKIN" I.!

oh yeah and an over blown soundtrack made up of 2days promising up & coming boy bands! lol

when will those assholes ever learn!

United States

Running Zombies.

I thought we'd all been over this.

Again and again and again....
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    why wouldn't it be good? 1 thing comes to mind C.G."FUCKIN" I.!

oh yeah and an over blown soundtrack made up of 2days promising up & coming boy bands! lol

when will those assholes ever learn!

And that is why the genre continues to suck for the most part.

And it's wierd because hollywood has never been shy about about copying a successful formula.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm getting the image of a shot-for-shot remake of Dawn. Much like the Psycho remake. Can you imagine how funny that would be? It would boooomb.