Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What became of Dead Reckoning?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    This is land your talking about... Dead reckoning along with every other setpeice, prop and actor should be crushed, burnt, destroyed then buried and never spoke of again.
    You're suggesting that they crush, burn, destroy, and bury the actors for having been in Land? Wow. Even I don't dislike Land that much.

And even with my dislike of Land overall, I gotta admit, DR was cool!!
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    This is land your talking about... Dead reckoning along with every other setpeice, prop and actor should be crushed, burnt, destroyed then buried and never spoke of again.
    Didn't that just happen to Dennis Hopper?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Didn't that just happen to Dennis Hopper?
    whoa whoa...Hopper was a badass lets not do that
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"

United States

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cartma7546 View Post
    I recently took a trip to the west coast for the first time and stopped at the universal studios theme park. As those of you have been know, during the tram tour there is a part where you see different vehicles used in different movies ( Time machine delorean, lost world RV, Fast and furious cars ect..). I had almost forgotten that land was made by Universal and was waiting to see Kaufman's truck sitting next to Doc Browns car. Sadly it was absent. I was just wondering what ever became of the truck? Was it just disassembled? Or is it sitting in GAR garage and only driven on the weekends?
    i thought i saw it @ a car lot on 6th & Fairfax! lol

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    You're suggesting that they crush, burn, destroy, and bury the actors for having been in Land? Wow. Even I don't dislike Land that much.

I feel that frustration as well.

It's not only that it's not a very good film, imo, it's that it failed to live up to it's potential and that's the most maddening thing of all.

After all these years GAr finally got backig from a major studion and that's the turd he churned out.

Utterly depressing.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Yeah, I have to say, my dislike of Land stems in part from knowing what it could have been. And, no, that does not mean I expected another Dawn. What I expected was to see the claustrophobic, scary, nightmare world of the first 3 movies taken to the next level. More survivors, more zombies, more struggle to survive. Humanity's do or die moment.

What I got was less of all those things, goofy plot, contrived message, and some weirdo zombie evolution theme. Off the screen I got my favorite director and franchise in decline and no hope of another studio backed blockbuster.

I'm not saying to discard the message. Just make it work in the story and make it a good reflection of the times. For example, take the fireworks. It added to the story. It added to what we know about zombies without contradicting previous zombie behavior. It really, really worked as a commentary on society. People being distracted by flashing lights and explosions so much that they miss what's happening all around them. That whole thing just worked. Why don't we see more of that?

Undisclosed

Red face

Overall it was decent enough 2 watch and buy the DVD...and the fact that they had got Dennis Hopper (R.I.P.) thats was a bonus! For me the lead zombie should have not been there plus the fact they acted like humans that sucked! i dont want my zombies smart! lol especially when they penetrate the city and a zombie guns down that soldier on the ground instead of eating him....BULLSHIT!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    Overall it was decent enough 2 watch and buy the DVD...and the fact that they had got Dennis Hopper (R.I.P.) thats was a bonus! For me the lead zombie should have not been there plus the fact they acted like humans that sucked! i dont want my zombies smart! lol especially when they penetrate the city and a zombie guns down that soldier on the ground instead of eating him....BULLSHIT!

Smart zombies= Not scary period.

The ghouls are supposed to be like the terminator. Here's kyle Reese's quote:

"It can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and it absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead."

That's what the ghouls are supposed to be. When they're making decisions on if they feel like eating you or to go find a place to settle down, those are not the ghouls that I fell in love with as a kid and that's the stop where I get off.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

"It can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and it absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead."

That's what the ghouls are supposed to be. When they're making decisions on if they feel like eating you or to go find a place to settle down, those are not the ghouls that I fell in love with as a kid and that's the stop where I get off.

speakin of gettin off....these new zombie flicks leave me a bit limp! lol but i get u preach on brotha!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    speakin of gettin off....these new zombie flicks leave me a bit limp! lol but i get u preach on brotha!

That's my fault i guess. If I've learned anything is to be very careful with my wording around you.

Undisclosed

Wink

That's my fault i guess. If I've learned anything is to be very careful with my wording around you.

ha! good times Darthy....good times!

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartma7546 View Post
    I'm not talking about a "make your own entrails" booth.
    Actually I like the idea of that - maybe a zombie themed burger bar, have it made up to look like it's been ransacked, have the people serving dressed up to look like zombies and have food shaped to resemble body parts...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post

Yes. Yes I am, whoever decided to back romero with this project down at universal should be sacked aswell, any right minded person would of taken one look at that script, thought what the hell and phoned the saniturium to go for george.

United States
    Yes. Yes I am
    Wasn't DJ in Land? Sorry DJ.

Although I do agree that any idiot should've known that script was bad. Mind you, not as bad as 9/10 of the other zombie movies out there, but bad.
    Last edited by Trin; 09-Jun-2010 at 02:11 PM.