Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Why people hate LOTD

Super Moderator

UK
    Good point there Ace, and might I add something to the overall conversation. If GAR had included every single little thing to explain every single little thing in the whole zombie universe he has created all the complainers would be complaining about the film having a lack of focus and be wishing he had just concentrated on The Green.

If GAR had explained every single thing (like the use of money) in the film it would have turned out a total hodge-podge of bits n pieces and had no real aim, just a scattergun approach you'd normally associate with Hack Snyder and his ilk.

Fortunately GAR concentrated on a smaller group (albeit bigger in the grand scheme of the Dead saga).

Undisclosed
    I keep hearing people talk about the extreme gore in LOTD. I haven't seen any that these people talk about. I also hate the CGI blood and carnage. It's KNB EFX Group for crying out loud, they did Wishmaster, assisted on Day of the Dead, they did Leatherface, how can they sit by and watch a computer head explode with blood? The CGI blood was so obviously fake too.

"They're just looking for a place to go"... WTF!? You shoot those damn zombies!

And any movie with a midget can't be taken seriously.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    (it's true that he's Pete from Shaun of the Dead, no? I think I heard that on the commentary)
    He's the voice of Darth Maul. Not the actual person playing the character. Ray Park was the person portraying Darth Maul. He's the guy that played Toad on the first "X-men" movie...

And any movie with a midget can't be taken seriously.
    Ever seen "The Wizard of Oz"? "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"? "High Plains Drifter"? "The Man With the Golden Gun"(007)? "Simon Birch"? "Bad Santa"? "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me"? "S.W.A.T."?

See where i'm going with this?
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Mar-2006 at 01:46 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Ever seen "The Wizard of Oz"? "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"? "High Plains Drifter"? "The Man With the Golden Gun"(007)? "Simon Birch"? "Bad Santa"? "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me"? "S.W.A.T."?

See where i'm going with this?
    Yeah, you're naming movies with midgets. Note: none of them are horror films. Maybe I should have been more clear with my sentence. Oh, and Bad Santa, Willy Wonka, and Austin Powers were really serious movies weren't they?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh....you wanted horror films only? Okay...

"The Masque of the Red Death", "Tales From The Crypt: Bordello of Blood", "Horror Hospital", "Blood Sucking Freaks", "Scared to Death", "Freaks", Etc...

My point is...why would a little person detract from a film? They are people too, you know. And some of them are actors

Oh, and Bad Santa, Willy Wonka, and Austin Powers were really serious movies weren't they?
    No....And the dead walking the earth in "Land of the Dead"(or any zombie film) is?

Undisclosed
    Oh....you wanted horror films only? Okay...

"The Masque of the Red Death", "Tales From The Crypt: Bordello of Blood", "Horror Hospital", "Blood Sucking Freaks", "Scared to Death", "Freaks", Etc...

My point is...why would a little person detract from a film? They are people too, you know. And some of them are actors

No....And the dead walking the earth in "Land of the Dead"(or any zombie film) is?
    Yes. *crosses arm in an upset manner*

I was merely pointing out all I hated about LOTD. :P

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No...im just curious as to why you dislike the film alittle more due to a little person being in it. I've heard several people make the same comment and I just don't understand why. It's not like they are freaks that are any different than you or I.

I would understand if you said you disliked the character that the little person played, but you made the comment "any movie with a midget can't be taken seriously"(which, I didn't know a movie about zombies was meant to be taken seriously in the first place...). Now i'm just curious as to what your reasoning is on this matter...

Undisclosed
    When I look at midgets all I see is a midget. I hear all the jokes and just laugh. No matter what midget or what movie, it's a joke to me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Whatever floats your boat, captain....

Undisclosed
    You asked for my reasoning then don't accept it? That's pretty lame buddy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nah dude....I accept your angle on it all. Just don't agree with it. That's all...

No biggie...difference of opinions/humanity....moving on...

Undisclosed
    The blue tint ****ed me off too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobe Dobe
    The blue tint ****ed me off too.
    Yeah, several people have made that same complaint. Myself, I really liked it.

All-in-all I enjoyed the film. Is the best of the franchise? Definitely not.

Some of my biggest complaints were the length, Eugene Clark as Big daddy(I love the idea of Big Daddy but someone else should have played him, and the faster pace compared to the other films. Though I guess that would fall in with my first complaint about the length. I have a feeling that Romero was told to shorten it down by the studio....which If I was in that position, I would have done it too. At least he got the fourth installment out there! It could've just been a script that sat on his desk until he passed on...

Undisclosed
    It could've just been a script that sat on his desk until he passed on...
    Sounds good. lol.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's harsh, dude. Harsh