Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mortal Kombat reboot trailer?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The little conversation at the start is a bit cheesy, but it looks fun. If the wife is interested in playing it with me, I might pick it up when the price drops.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    The little conversation at the start is a bit cheesy, but it looks fun. If the wife is interested in playing it with me, I might pick it up when the price drops.
    I might give this one a rent myself and see how good it actually is. I used to love this and street fighter but ever since tekken came out that's the standard imo.

Last edited by darth los; 19-Nov-2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: .
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    When my brother in law lived with us for a short period of time, we would stay up playing MK vs DC all damn night. That game was a blast for a DC fan like myself. But as I've mentioned before....this is why I won't pay full price. They're basically putting out the same game over and over. They're fun when you've got someone to play with, but they're not 60 dollars worth of fun, if you know what I mean.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    When my brother in law lived with us for a short period of time, we would stay up playing MK vs DC all damn night. That game was a blast for a DC fan like myself. But as I've mentioned before....this is why I won't pay full price. They're basically putting out the same game over and over. They're fun when you've got someone to play with, but they're not 60 dollars worth of fun, if you know what I mean.
    60 dollars no way.

The only games in my library i feel is more than worth the money are both Left 4 deads. The replayability is through the roof. I would have paid a hundred dollars for them with no problem.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Yeah, I felt the same way about those Marvel Ultamite Alliance games. It's nifty to see all of your favorite (or obscure) characters all in one game, but apart from that they were only slightly-better-than-average Gauntlet clones.

Why bother?
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Yeah, I felt the same way about those Marvel Ultamite Alliance games. It's nifty to see all of your favorite (or obscure) characters all in one game, but apart from that they were only slightly-better-than-average Gauntlet clones.

Why bother?
    The MUA games were fun for exactly that reason. I loved using the various powers of the mutants i had only read about as a kid.

Quite a nerdy thrill.

United States
    http://www.giantbomb.com/news/mortal...ver-here/2770/

Official Playstation Magazine has revealed Kratos as a selectable character in the PS3 version.

A fan also dug around the Mortal Kombat website and found a few sound files for the following characters:

Goro
    Quan Chi
    Stryker
    Noob Saibot
    Sindel
    Kabal
    Shao Kahn
    Smoke
    Shang Tsung
    Ermac

There are announcer voice files that indicate there is a possible return Test Your Might mode and Brutalities.

Here's the roster so far:

Goro
    Quan Chi
    Stryker
    Noob Saibot
    Sindel
    Kabal
    Shang Tsung
    Ermac
    Sonya
    Sub Zero
    Johnny Cage
    Scorpion
    Jax
    Cyrax
    Kano
    Kitana
    Kung Lao
    Mileena
    Nightwolf
    Raiden
    Reptile
    Sektor
    Shao Kahn
    Smoke
    Kratos (PS3)

Ryu Hayabusa would make a good 360 exclusive character.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    According to Bloody Disgusting....rather than make a feature film, that trailer will be made into a series of ten webisodes.

director Kevin Tancharoen - who directed the awesome online short - will return behind the camera for a 10-episode web series dedicated to the popular video game. Penned by Tancharoen, Todd Helbing, and Aaron Helbing, star Michael Jai White leads the cast as "Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs. Shooting will take place in Vancouver this coming February. Contested expected to be cast are: Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Sub Zero, Durak, Kabal, Kitana/Mileena and of course Scorpion.

United States
    Mortal Kombat not being released in Australia:

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1152075p1.html

"According to reliable retail sources, the much-anticipated fighting game reboot, Mortal Kombat, has been refused classification (RC) by the Australian Classification Board.
    Our source, who requested to remain anonymous, received an email stating the game "will not be released in Australia."
    It also requested the retail outlet remove all references to the game - signage and display cases - as well as cancel all preorders in Australia.
    The email added that the decision might be overturned in the future, but these steps were currently necessary.
    An official statement is forthcoming from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. We've sought official comment and will update the story as facts emerge."
    Also, Noob Saibot trailer:

United States
    Demo is up for PSN+ members, and will be available on Xbox Live next week:

United States
    Freddy Kruger DLC character coming soon: