Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat reboot trailer?

United States

Mortal Kombat reboot trailer?

Interesting and well done, plus Jax is played by Black Dynamite!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Pretty long for a trailer. Looks decent enough, but is it real? One of those live action trailers for a game, or a trailer for a film?

On one hand I think it's cool, but on the other it seems like a straight to dvd special...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Let me be the first to say:

This is going to suck major ass. Fuck you whoever wrote that film and fuck you whoever directed it. Fuck you all of you who decided to work on it, especially you Seven-of-Nine because you're hot and I'd fuck you anyway.

First things first:

- You do not fucking kill off Johnny Cage. Especially not in the fucking trailer. Johnny Cage was THE best character in the first Mortal Kombat film (which was awesome, by the way) and what happened when they killed him off in the sequel? The sequel sucked ass, just like this will.

- Reptile is not some plague-ridden Maniac. He's a motherfuckin' reptile. From another realm. This is so far up shit creek I can seriously see why they decided to have a brown tone over much of the trailer. Even the guy doing the color grading must have realized this film was going to be so shitty he might as well make it look like literal shit.

- Baraka is not a fucking surgeon with dreads. He's a bald demon, whose blades are part of his body, not something he added himself. This is soooo fucking lame I'd like to pull my cock out and let whoever came up with that to smoke it until they contract lung cancer and die a horrible death.

- Deacon City? What the fuck is that? Is that something they had to invent because we're so enlightened and cool in the 2010's that we can't handle stories involving other realms? What the fuck? If you take out Outworld, Netherrealm and all the other realms from Mortal Kombat, you LOOSE THE FUCKING POINT OF MORTAL KOMBAT. Why the hell even CALL this film Mortal Kombat? It has nothing to do with Mortal Kombat you fucking sissy fucks.

I wish Goro and Kintaro would shove all their combined fists up the ass of whoever greenlit this piece of steaming shit. Why do we have to "modernize" fantasy stories. Would you take Lord of the Rings and then take out all the fantasy elements of it, and then still call it Lord of the Rings? No you wouldn't, because then you'd be asking for some Tolkien fandom Nutsauce in your eye, with some ballsack for desert.

United States
    I'm pretty sure it's a promotional trailer for the new game. We'll find out more in a few days @ E3.

Super Moderator

United States
    Hmmm, not sure I care. Time will tell.

The first MK was actually a fun and decent little movie...with mega-ton heaps of cheese, of course.

-- -------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    This is soooo fucking lame I'd like to pull my cock out and let whoever came up with that to smoke it until they contract lung cancer and die a horrible death.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im hearing a lot of raging over this and how it fucks up the canon.

The response from the hellsing delegation? WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE PLOT. ITS MORTAL COMBAT.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    The response from the hellsing delegation? WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE PLOT. ITS MORTAL COMBAT.
    No, it's not, it's Mortal Kombat, duh. I've been playing it since it first got out in '92. Saying you don't give a shit about the plot really says more about your knowledge of the game, and not the game itself.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE PLOT. ITS MORTAL COMBAT.
    But I need plot in my side-scrolling, jam-packed with action, fight games!

Not really, I don't even know the last time I bought a fight game. I used to love these games...16-17 years ago.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I can understand, plot-wise, why they reboot, considering the ending of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. If it's the game. I still stand by the fact that the changes to the world are amongst the lamest I've ever experienced. People (as in MANKIND!) did not contract aids from fucking monkeys. They contracted aids from watching this trailer.

United States
    While the mythology and lore of the first couple games was really pretty good, things got way out of hand by the 5th or 6th sequel. I mean, come on, zombie Liu Kang?

They've milked the series as far as they possibly can. At this point, the series is in desperate need of a reboot, I'm surprised at the negative reactions.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Surprised? Did you watch the trailer? That's not a reboot? That's a reshit. That's right, they sucked out all of the awesomeness out of the game, kept the names, and injected floating shit.

Super Moderator

United States
    Ned, the Dark Side feeds on such anger.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Who the fuck kills off Johnny Cage in the trailer!?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Who the fuck kills off Johnny Cage in the trailer!?

You're really surprised? Like you said man, they killed him off within the first 5 minutes of the shit sequel. Different actor in both movies, too.

Johnny gets no respect.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yeah, but then they did it almost by mistake and considering everyone in the world hated that shitty film, I assumed they learned their lesson. How fucking dumb I was.