Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fright Night remake: And the new Peter Vincent is...

Super Moderator

United States
    Welcome toooo Frrrright Night!

For real.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Tennant in costume...
    Errr...why is he dressed up as Russell Brand?!!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Errr...why is he dressed up as Russell Brand?!!
    Does look a bit odd doesn't it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Oh because now he's a "Chris Angel-style" magician rather than a horror host.

Everything I've heard about this movie reaffirms that it is the Titanic of Fail.

you Fright Night Remake. you hard.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Auggh...can't watch with volume till I get home. I forgot who they had cast as Brewster. Some parts don't look too familiar, while others are very, nicely reminiscent.

I'm sort of interested in seeing this film...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    This doesn't look bad at all. I'll wait for it on home video though.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Reviews are suggesting it's a pretty good flick. Especially if you're into gore. They're saying it's not your typical teeny horror film we usually see these days, but a hard R.

Rottentomatoes has it at 75%. Not too bad, I suppose.

Super Moderator

United States
    ...Just as I was getting an itch to see this I get this good news! Hmmm, may not be a waste of time after all

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    No way am I seeing it. Especially not when we still have the original. I mean, it's like... why? Why not make a new concept about vampires and turn it into a movie... *thinks about Twilight* Errr... *thinks about Daybreakers, 30 Days of Night, and Let the Right One In* Ahhh...
    Yeah. This movie is not needed. I refuse to watch it.
    PS: Pinkamina Diane Pie on Tumblr.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    No way am I seeing it. Especially not when we still have the original. I mean, it's like... why? Why not make a new concept about vampires and turn it into a movie... *thinks about Twilight* Errr... *thinks about Daybreakers, 30 Days of Night, and Let the Right One In* Ahhh...
    Yeah. This movie is not needed. I refuse to watch it.
    That's pretty much what I feel about ALL remakes - why bother? The original is still around, so how about we go with an original idea for once instead of following the trend of (mostly) crappy remakes? If you want to intoduce the younger generation to these movies, here's a novel concept: MAKE THEM WATCH THE ORIGINAL.

Some people will say "oh, but the original is so dated" - well, so is the Wizard of Oz, but you don't see them remaking that, do you? (at least I sure as shit hope they're not doing that - although at this point it wouldn't surprise me!)

-sigh- Hollywood has long since lost it's way.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Some people will say "oh, but the original is so dated" - well, so is the Wizard of Oz, but you don't see them remaking that, do you? (at least I sure as shit hope they're not doing that - although at this point it wouldn't surprise me!)
    Sam Raimi is working on a sequel/prequelish kind of thing. Does that count?

I see what you guys are saying about sequels not being needed, but why complain? As you say....the original is still there. The way movies are so cheaply or freely available for viewing on home platforms these days, its not like you're wasting money on it, anyway. Just wait for it to arrive on netflix, give it a shot, switch to something else or pop in the original if you don't like it. No skin off your back.

I always have a chuckle that the creators of the original films usually care less about their films being remade than the fans do...

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    The issue is also with Hollywood wasting all this money making these movies... But hey, I guess it helps the economy, right?
    I don't know... Like so many things, it's a double-edged sword.