Thread: The Chat

United States

The Chat

There is never anyone in the chat...so I was curious. Have the staff ever considered using IRC as the chat? It's very popular, and IRC chat channels usually do pretty well.

Paranoia Agent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A break from reality! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Paranoia nurtures him!

Administrator

England
    I think one of the very first chat rooms was an IRC one...

I've got a little idea to try and help the chat room... Unfortunately it's not quite as visible as the old chat room. ie: The old forum would have the number of people in the chat room always on show top right...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Canada
    I've only been in it once, and a few others were as well. it's a great room, but no ones in it really..

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by livingdead7
    There is never anyone in the chat...so I was curious. Have the staff ever considered using IRC as the chat? It's very popular, and IRC chat channels usually do pretty well.
    1. IRC is not stable, its full of hacks and security holes.
    2. IRC is not chat software, its a chat client. there's about 200 different chat softwares that use IRC servers.
    3. its not the type of chat that makes people use it, in other words people dont see a IRC chat room and think, i know i'll go in there, its IRC.
    4.the chat we use at the moment is fully intergrated with vB, very stable and secure and is also paid for.

United States
    The chat we have is awesome, but the only time I've ever seen anyone in it was the first day it was out.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Maybe Neil and Company can organize chats. You have all these people making indie films why not have a chat one night instead of posting tons of stuff then waiting hours or days before it gets answered.

or have a zombie movie discussion night. Pick one zombie film and make it the topic for the night.

Someone just has to have the initiative to get the ball rolling
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Maybe Neil and Company can organize chats. You have all these people making indie films why not have a chat one night instead of posting tons of stuff then waiting hours or days before it gets answered.

or have a zombie movie discussion night. Pick one zombie film and make it the topic for the night.

Someone just has to have the initiative to get the ball rolling
    both me and neil are too busy to organise something like this, if one of the other staff wants to do it they can and same if one of the members wants to organise something.