Thread: Zombie war anaolgy used by cnbc?!

United States

Zombie war anaolgy used by cnbc?!

wow..

In Crisis, Like Zombie War, You Can't Save All

Love the pic they used too.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nothing like using a pic from DAWN 04 and then go on to talk about slow zombies.

Kind of moronic, but then again he or CNBC are probably not zombie fans like we are and therefore don't understand the error of their ways.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ugh. Put aside the fact that I don't consider Dawn04 a good zombie movie. That has nothing to do with this. But why do I always see this picture? The make up/mask looks horrible, and wtf is he doing? Sliding on his knees? They couldn't find a better shot than this? I know there are better effects in dawn04...

Anyway....this isn't the first i've heard of zombies being used as a methaphor for real life events. I think someone posted a video of CNN saying something similar. Nice to know zombies are still in the public's mind.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    But why do I always see this picture? The make up/mask looks horrible, and wtf is he doing? Sliding on his knees? They couldn't find a better shot than this?
    The worst thing about that pic is that (in the color version) under the material of the tattered, flapping shirt, you can clearly see pink, relatively healthy skin in stark contrast to the greenish decayed flesh of the face make up.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 11-Jun-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: edited for clarity

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Nothing like using a pic from DAWN 04 and then go on to talk about slow zombies.

Kind of moronic, but then again he or CNBC are probably not zombie fans like we are and therefore don't understand the error of their ways.
    I was gonna say, Dj, it's not like CNBC is the smartest bananas in the bunch.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ugh. Put aside the fact that I don't consider Dawn04 a good zombie movie.
    Well buddy, unlike with land, people actually know this movie exists.

You don't find it wierd that for being a Universal film that it virtually no airplay?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dude....i'm not getting into all that. All I'm saying is that they could've used a better picture from Dawn04. For some reason I keep seeing that same picture with the same wierd stance and the same wierd make up. Looks bad.
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Jun-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dude....i'm not getting into all that. All I'm saying is that they could've used a better picture from Dawn04. For some reason I keep seeing that same picture with the same wierd stance and the same wierd make up. Looks bad.
    Well, the stance comes from being shot and recoiling. The make up I have no defense for.

To be fair though if you freeze frame half of the stuff in horror movies it looks awful as well, so...

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here, they can use this:

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Now That'S more like it!!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The zombie on the left looks like he's dancing, to me.