Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Story 3

United States

Toy Story 3

There was a huge hype blitz about this the other day, which brought this movie to my attention. Starts this week, blahblah.

But I am shocked! For some reason, I always thought there already were at least 3 Toy Story movies out. I figured there were 4 or 5 of them. Have no idea why.

Am I the only one?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Toy Story(1995) and Toy Story 2(1999). Both of which are among my favorite films. Can't wait to see this third(final?) installment.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    But I am shocked! For some reason, I always thought there already were at least 3 Toy Story movies out.
    That's exactly what I'd been thinking too.

Not like Hollywood to wait so long on mining their franchises nowadays.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, as Bill MAher said:

With all the hype behind this thing it better give me a "buzz" and a "woody".

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Not like Hollywood to wait so long on mining their franchises nowadays.
    Toy Story is Pixar's baby. The first ever CG film and still the best, imo. I know from a few documentaries that the Toy Story franchise isn't something they take lightly.

There have been Toy Story cartoons, but this is only the third theatrical film.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Toy Story is Pixar's baby. The first ever CG film and still the best, imo. I know from a few documentaries that the Toy Story franchise isn't something they take lightly.

There have been Toy Story cartoons, but this is only the third theatrical film.
    Ah, a well protected gold mine.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Reviews are coming in and it's looking good!

You see, if Pixar was like any other studio, a third TOY STORY film would have been made years ago. Instead, the filmmakers were given time to come up with a story that ends the series in an organic, moving way- and unlike most sequels, feels like a necessary addition to the series. One gets the feeling that TOY STORY 3 wouldn't exist if the people that ran Pixar had any doubt it would be anything less than fantastic.
    10/10

It's currently sitting at 100% on rotten tomatoes.

United States
    $109m opening weekend, and i've not heard a bad review yet. was planning on seeing this but i'm waiting till a mid-day matinee once the hysteria amongst the kiddies and parents dies down.

anyone here check it out yet?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    All my friends that have seen said it ruled. Even one of my "manly-man" friends said it brought him near-tears.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    anyone here check it out yet?
    Sometime this week fo sho.

I couldn't care less. It's all about the kids.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not a fan of the first two?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not a fan of the first two?
    They were good films but you know how jaded I am. It just makes me roll my eyes with the crap that's in these film because the world doesn't really work like that.

This past weekend we were watching terminator: Salvation. At the end of it the dude gives john connor his heart.

Let's see, I don't even know you yet I'll give up mylife for you!?! Nigga please.

I mean, who does that? Like i said, the way these movies pan out is not indicative of the way people would react in real life.

It's like the titanic. You think a dude is gonna give a chick the floating wood while he freezes to death in the water? I refer you to my previous ghetto statement.

It make for a good movie but these days I'm pretty much fed up with bullshit.

O.K. Rant ova.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Of course it's not going to be realistic....it's a cartoon about talking toys!

As for the Titanic sinking - I like to think I would give up the board for my wife. Seems like a reasonable thing to do for the person you love....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Of course it's not going to be realistic....it's a cartoon about talking toys!

As for the Titanic sinking - I like to think I would give up the board for my wife. Seems like a reasonable thing to do for the person you love....

And I'm sure she's looking over your shoulder as you typed it.

Dude, a drowning person, dragging you under just to get their head above water so they can get a breath, now that's realistic!

And for the record, that wasn't his wife.

That movie is the worst thing to happen to male/female relations, like ever.

There's only one p.c. answer to that question: "Of course i would freeze my balls off and die so you can go on to have a fufilling life, and jump the bones of other men honey."

Well done sir!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I know it wasn't his wife. I was just relating it to my situation and the person I would do it for.

I think you've got some issues, Carlos. You have absolutely no belief in relationships or monogamy....and you would drown your loved ones to stay alive.