Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Story 3

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I know it wasn't his wife. I was just relating it to my situation and the person I would do it for.

I think you've got some issues, Carlos. You have absolutely no belief in relationships or monogamy....and you would drown your loved ones to stay alive.
    I don't know cause I've never been in that situation. Neither have you. You can have all the training and planning in the world but when the shit hits the fan you never know how one is going to react.

And to your statement. We are nothing if not the sum of our life experiences. In my experience I've been fucked over by people who were supposed to love and be with me forever more time than I care to count.

So that should explain it right there.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    True....i've never been in that situation. As I said before, it's what I think I would do. And I like to think I would sacrifice myself for my family. It might not go down smoothly, but in the end I think it would be the only choice I could make. Corny, I know.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    True....i've never been in that situation. As I said before, it's what I think I would do. And I like to think I would sacrifice myself for my family. It might not go down smoothly, but in the end I think it would be the only choice I could make. Corny, I know.
    I actually think it's beautiful. I wish i had someone i cared for that deeply and in turn them for me.

You're blessed dude.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dead

Undisclosed
    I'm planning to see the movie some time this week, and all the reviews I've read and word of mouth from my friends really has me excited. I know I won't be let down, but I'm also trying to avoid knowing anything about the movie to be caught by surprise.

United States

Sign of the times

In 1995, the original film featured Randy Newman's "You got a friend in me" - sung in English.
    In 2010, part 3 has the same tune sung in Spanish. Sign of the times I suppose.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    In 1995, the original film featured Randy Newman's "You got a friend in me" - sung in English.
    In 2010, part 3 has the same tune sung in Spanish. Sign of the times I suppose.
    I haven't yet seen it, but isn't this probably a joke to tie in with Buzz being re-set to spanish within the film?
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Jun-2010 at 08:48 PM.

United States
    I haven't yet seen it, but isn't this probably a joke to tie in with Buzz being re-set to spanish within the film?
    That is certainly one way to look at it, yes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Picked up the trilogy blu ray set and just finished part three. Loved it. It's a perfect trilogy, imo. I couldn't think of a better way to end it. And yeah...I cried like a little bitch.

If I had to rank the three in order it would be 1,3,2. Something about the second film never sat quite as right with me, but it's still a damn fine film.

This is a series that I look forward to watching with my kid over and over again. Actually...she already loves them.
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Nov-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Cool, dude. I still have yet to view it... sadly.