Thread: ZOMBIeS

United States

ZOMBIeS

IDW press.

While I think 3.99 is a bit much for a comic, I couldn't help myself with this new take on zombies. The idea is fantastic! A marshall and a few guards are transporting 8 vicious criminals to the state pen on a prison bus when they are forced off the road by a wandering pedestrian. (hint: zombie) After rounding up the convicts and heading them off the a local farmhouse, the convicts are chained to a swing set.

Up wanders a sweet young girl... who just happens to be dead. She attacks and is dispatched by one of the disbelieving cons. Meanwhile inside the house, the marshall is attacked by another zombie... and that's where it's to be continued.

Fantastic artwork by Chris Bolton, written by Shane Mccarthy, I am eagerly anticipating the next installment.

My only displeasure comes from the length of the comic. Why are these things so damn short? (Other than forcing you to buy the next issue.)

One of the taglines in the comic states: Mindless, violent, merciless killers... and this is who's on the bus!

I think this is going to be a great series.

United States
    I read a quick review by Thor in CHUD.com about this title and he seemed to enjoy it quite much. IDW is pretty good about collecting mini-series into a TPB collection. I'll probably wait to buy it then.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    I read a quick review by Thor in CHUD.com about this title and he seemed to enjoy it quite much. IDW is pretty good about collecting mini-series into a TPB collection. I'll probably wait to buy it then.
    That's what I am doing with The Walking Dead. Not sure when the next TPB comes out for that. Whenever I go into Clem's Comic shop, I force myself to not pick up the newest issue of TWD.

I have all 5 of the Marvel Zombie spread... that could have went in so many different directions, its unfortunate it ended so quickly.

United States
    ZOMBIeS is the name?

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Yea, I read this today. Has a lot of promise but it's just getting going.

Super Moderator

United States
    *Crap!*

I just passed up buying this book Thursday when I grabbed issue 28 of TWD. Well, thanks for letting me know it might be worth taking a closer look at.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany