Thread: "Bloodiest Show ever": The Walking Dead-Set Visit Interview

Undisclosed

"Bloodiest Show ever": The Walking Dead-Set Visit Interview

Found this: I hope it makes horror history!
    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/20803

Long live the Nicotero!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    F'n-A, Cotton.

United States
    I am salivating,man why do we have to wait til Oct?
    Bring on the zombs!!!!:

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Three months isn't too bad. We would be waiting a hell of a lot longer if it were a movie...

I loved to watch Fear Fest before, but now? My DVR memory better make some room.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Like the article said, hopefully everything will make it on air, so let's see.

Only thing I didn't like is that they are eating animals in this.

Perhaps it's just me but alot lot the evolution of the smart zombie storyline, when they eat animals it make it a little less scary to me as well.

When they only eat humans it's like they have a vedetta against us and won't stop until we're all devoured.

When they eat animals as well it like "ok we''ll pretty much eat anything, oh look a human. I guess that will do for now."

It's not exactly the same.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    The more I read about The Walking Dead tv show the more excited I get. I remember years ago on these very forums when somebody posted a preview of the comic a few months before it came out. I made a visit to the comic shop a few days later and made sure they were ordering it and would have a copy for me. 74 issues later and it is still my favorite comic on the market and now quite possibly will be my favorite tv show.

Damn I am excited for this!
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well hopefully they stick to the comics as much as they can because from what I hear they are bad ass.

But we know as with most adaptations, that's rarely the case.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Like the article said, hopefully everything will make it on air, so let's see.

Only thing I didn't like is that they are eating animals in this.

Perhaps it's just me but alot lot the evolution of the smart zombie storyline, when they eat animals it make it a little less scary to me as well.

When they only eat humans it's like they have a vedetta against us and won't stop until we're all devoured.

When they eat animals as well it like "ok we''ll pretty much eat anything, oh look a human. I guess that will do for now."

It's not exactly the same.

I'm afraid I feel the opposite on this issue. I guess maybe cause Im an animal lover,but really more because it makes Zombies (to me)-more terrifying when they'll attack any warm blooded flesh. Basically that absolutely no one is safe from there onslaught,not even your Pets. And its already more than established that they prefer to eat Us,but they seem more menacing,and way more like ravenous,cold,carnivorous machines this way.

But,I have always liked the possible"vendetta" angle of zombies too. That maybe the reason they prefer us is not so much about how we taste,but that we are different from them. Maybe they know to fear us,and want to do away with us because we are not like them.

Hell,that in itself is a very primal Human instinct!
    "Some describe them as ordinary looking people,others say they appear to be in some kind of trance.....others describe them as mis-shapen monsters,and things that look like people,but act like animals...Some describe seeing victims that look as tho they have been torn apart!"

Undisclosed
    I did not know where else to put this post, but I honestly do not see this series being a gruesome hard R. I was watching some of the Friday the 13th marathon on AMC and realized they butchered the movies. Then they showed an ad for The Walking Dead and I am wondering to myself, "how tame will the series be?". I enjoy watching gore in a zombie movie, but after seeing what the station does to other horror movies I just think it will be a tame zombie series made for tv.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    One thing to consider is the time of day. If it's earlier in the day they'll edit out more. Or in the case of the Friday films, they may only have one edit for all hours of the day.

But having seen the Walking Dead Pilot....it is definitely going to be the bloodiest show on TV. It's amazing what they got away with...

England
    It's not as bloody as I thought it was going to be but who gives a shit really. I'd imagine it probably is toned down but once you've seen 1 head explode you've seen it all. Don't need to see it again. It's done tastefully in this show ( if there could be such a thing)
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    It's not as bloody as I thought it was going to be but who gives a shit really. I'd imagine it probably is toned down but once you've seen 1 head explode you've seen it all. Don't need to see it again. It's done tastefully in this show ( if there could be such a thing)
    Say whaaaa??

When rick wakes up and there are the remains of the woman in the hallway? That was gruesome. Then of course you've got the romero-esqe feasting scene at the end. Shotgun wounds to the head. etc Pretty damn gory, if you ask me. But I agree that it is somehow tasteful. It fits the drama of the situation. Perhaps that's why they're letting it through?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's why i always liked gar's trilogy. The gore seemed like it belonged somehow, not forced, within the flow of the story.

Not like today's torture pron and mindless gore.

England
    I think intent is far more shocking than gore which is what they do here. Taking a baseball bat to someone/thing with violence and emotion is a good example. The blood sprays are great but not over the top and cartoonish like the comic. Mind you, I've never seen someone really get shot in the head close up, nor am I a gun nut so my reference point for realism is movies.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Plenty of gore for me, never gratuitous, always justifiable IMO.

I mean, where else are we gonna see a little 6 or 7 year old girl get headshot? Not many shows/situations could justify that.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon