Thread: DEAD BEAT by Remy Porter: Out now!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

DEAD BEAT by Remy Porter: Out now!

Shill Thread. Posts removed.
    Last edited by Kaos; 15-Sep-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Violation of Advertizing Rules
    DEAD BEAT by Remy Porter is out now, and widely available to buy online at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. It is also available direct from the publisher, www.wildwolfpublishing.com

www.remyporter.com

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy Porter View Post
    Fair enough. I've spread myself a little thinly joining too many forums to give them each a fair go. If you have any better ideas how to promote a zombie novel let me know.
    Personally, I think one of the best ways of promoting your material is to actively participate in forums that are comprised of people who would make up your primary fan base, such as HPOTD. A number of our members who contribute frequently here on the boards, also have side projects that have generated a lot of interest among our members and beyond the auspices of these pages.

Given you mentioned that you have little time to do this (which is a shame because doubtless you would have a lot to add to our little community) you may want to consider corresponding with the very decent moderators on this site to see if you might be able to do some sort of promotional giveaway of your works. This has been done in the past and I note that it generates a lot of interest in a person's work. Beyond that, you may want to consider contributing some short stories or perhaps a truncated version of your work to the fiction section of these boards since it is among the largest if not the biggest compidium of zombie themed fiction on the web and it gets a lot of traffic.

If you would reconsider participating on the pages here, I think you will find yourself pleasantly surprised. I too have posted on many other forums, but have found a level of rhetoric and comraderie here on HPOTD that no other boards seem to be able to match. You are among friends here, so consider treating us as such.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States

this thread needs to die...

not counting this current post, 85% of the posts of this thread are from the OP. and strangely, about 85% of his posts are in this particular thread, shamelessly promoting his book while staying away from the rest of the forums.

looks like Mike was right, huh? give it a rest, man. nobody here cares about your book.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 14-Sep-2010 at 08:07 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    looks like Mike was right, huh? give it a rest, man. nobody here cares about your book.
    If you're gonna have the audacity to self-promote, at least have an independant movie or some puppets!

Last edited by BillyRay; 14-Sep-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    If you're gonna have the audacity to self-promote, at least have a movie or some puppets!
    Exactly! Give us some felt or somethin'

Seriously, I can't be too hard on the guy, he's just promoting his work and this place is nicer for having the information here for interested parties to draw upon. After all, we don't want to continue scaring people off with our clannish ways.

Or perhaps we do?

Last edited by AcesandEights; 14-Sep-2010 at 08:46 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy Porter View Post
    Just thought you'd be interested in my rather cool zombie book I'll probably just post up my main trailer - which has some great effects shots in it

Care to stroke it any harder?
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Sep-2010 at 12:09 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ah, c'mon! If you can't take a joke....

But seriously, if you were to actually participate in the forums rather than only coming here to shamelessly plug your product....you would probably have better results. Several other filmmakers/artists do the same and it seems to work out for them...
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Sep-2010 at 02:22 PM.

United States
    Gotta admit, some of the replies have been a bit harsh...

But Remy, Bass is correct. There are a number of people (myself included) who originally came to the board to reach our "target audience". If you wanna know how your Zombie Effort (novel, film, puppet show) will "Play in Monroeville", get it in front of the folks who are dedicated to that genre. seems simple enough.

But if you don't get involved in other conversations in this forum, you might as well be a spambot selling little blue pills. On a purely mercenary level, the friendships I've managed to make on this site have helped my project more than a thousand posts could ever have.

On a personal level, I've made a bunch of swell friends here that I can goof on. And a few that I can kick back and have a few drinks with in real life. And that's why I keep hanging around.

Yeah, there have been some mean-ish replies when all you seem to want to do is tell Zombie Fans about your new Zombie Book. But we're more than just a demographic. keep that in mind, and you'll be suprised how receptive this crew can be...
    Last edited by BillyRay; 15-Sep-2010 at 02:47 PM.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Closed the thread due to shilling although you guys pretty much moderated the thread pretty well. Remember, if you see something you don't like you can always report it.