Thread: DAY BY DAY ARMAGEDDON: BEYOND EXILE now available!

Just been bitten UndeadAnthology's Avatar

Undisclosed

Thumbs up DAY BY DAY ARMAGEDDON: BEYOND EXILE now available!

The long awaited sequel to J.L. Bourne's bestselling zombie novel Day by Day Armageddon is now available for purchase from many offline and online stores including:

* Amazon US
    * Amazon UK
    * Amazon Canada
    * Borders
    * Barnes & Noble
    * Powell's
    * Many more...

The first book in the Day by Day Armageddon saga took us deep into the mind of a military officer and survivor as he made a New Year's resolution to start keeping a journal. The man kept his resolution and brought to us the fall of humanity, day by day. We see the man transition from the life that you and I live to the prospect of fighting for his very survival against the overwhelming hordes of the dead. We see him bleed, we see him make mistakes, we witness him evolve. The highly anticipated sequel to the bestselling underground cult classic, Day by Day Armageddon begins where the first novel left off.

BEGIN INTERCEPT
    Armies of undead have risen up across the U.S. and around the globe;there is no safe haven from the diseased corpses hungering for human flesh. But in the heat of a Texas wasteland, a small band of survivors attempt to counter the millions closing in around them.
    INTERCEPT COMPLETE

Day by day, the handwritten journal entries of one man caught in a worldwide cataclysm capture the desperation--and the will to survive--as he joins forces with a handful of refugees to battle soulless enemies both human and inhuman from inside an abandoned strategic missile facility.

But in the world of the undead, is mere survival enough?

"DAY BY DAY ARMAGEDDON is hands down the best zombie book I have ever read."
    --Brad Thor, #1 New York Times Best Selling Author

Super Moderator

United States
    Well you have a guaranteed sale here. I loved the first book. Though the diary approach may not be everyone's cup of tea, I thought it was fun, pretty riveting and a damned quick read.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Just been bitten UndeadAnthology's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Thanks, Aces! Let us know what you think after you read part 2.

Twitching

United States
    Been waiting for this one,
    Along with Pt. 2 of the Morningstar Strain/Plague of the Dead, Thunder and Ashes I believe its called.

D.b.D Armageddon was definitely a solid 4/5 stars. The format threw me a bit, but its definitely a solid/quality work.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post

D.b.D Armageddon was definitely a solid 4/5 stars. The format threw me a bit, but its definitely a solid/quality work.
    One thing I will say I really liked about the format was the cliffhanging effect between entries. Things might be dire right before an entry ends and you come back to either the shit hitting the fan or some form of positive resolution. Conversely--and this is the most spine-tingling part for me--things may seem complacent or calm when the writer signs off for the day and the next page you find things have gone to hell in a hand basket since the last journal entry!

You just never know how each new journal entry will start and the author used it fairly well without abusing/overusing that hook in DbD Armageddon.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

United States
    OK, I picked up a bright shiny new copy (they had two in total on the shelves) at the Borders close to work. After I finish The Peshawar Lancers this week, I'll start on it and report back.

Very excited!

England
    Are you enjoying the Peshawar Lancers? I only ask because I ended up puting it down after reading about 100 pages, it just wasn't working for me at all.

Recieved my copy of "DBDA - Beyond Exile" several days ago, not started it yet because I'm on a bit of a "Charles Stross" binge.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Are you enjoying the Peshawar Lancers? I only ask because I ended up puting it down after reading about 100 pages, it just wasn't working for me at all.
    I am actually enjoying it, but I do like alternative historical fiction and have had my patience for S.M. Stirling built up from following his Dies the Fire series of books. Now I'm upset that this will might only be his only book in this particular 'timeline'.