Thread: the island

England

the island

Do you think the island is where the fake cops from Dawn of the Dead end up?

I like to think so...
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

United States
    No.

Different Romero universe (one in which the isles of Ireland are not off the coast of Delaware I would presume).

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Night through Land is one series. Diary through Survival is a different beast.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Different Romero universe (one in which the isles of Ireland are not off the coast of Delaware I would presume).
    Is this the same universe that has Tropical Isles in the middle of the Great Lakes?

No wait, that's a different Snyder universe...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Just been bitten

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Night through Land is one series. Diary through Survival is a different beast.
    I thought Diary was supposed to be taking place on the same night as Night. Granted the seasons are off, but doesn't Diary uses some of the radio/TV broadcasts from Night as radio broadcasts?
    God is Santa Claus for adults

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hadrian0117 View Post
    I thought Diary was supposed to be taking place on the same night as Night. Granted the seasons are off, but doesn't Diary uses some of the radio/TV broadcasts from Night as radio broadcasts?
    I think this was used as more of the "Coolness" effect (just like having Stephen King be one of the broadcasters in the film). It was one of those moments when big fans like us would be like: "Hey! That's from NOTLD! Awesome, man!".

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    My personal opinion is that the movies (yep, all of them) are in the same universe. And I don't particularly care about the timeline/technology issues or any reboot philosophy or different universe comments. I cannot enjoy the movies viewing them as ... ahem... islands.

Survival spoiler alert!!

I think it's possible the cops in Dawn could've ended up on Plum Island. It's a fun thought.

It seems like the timeline would've put them leaving the city via boat near the same time that Sarge and the group were doing the same. Which means either:

1) They ended up reaching the island prior to Sarge, and were visible floating in the pond (anyone want to look for dead bodies matching the cop's descriptions??). I think we can safely say they weren't there and blending in.

2) They ended up reaching the island after Sarge left, meaning they were on a largely deserted island with no leadership and a relatively contained zombie problem.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    My personal opinion is that the movies (yep, all of them) are in the same universe. And I don't particularly care about the timeline/technology issues or any reboot philosophy or different universe comments. I cannot enjoy the movies viewing them as ... ahem... islands.
    Agree wholeheartedly. But for everyone it's different, I suppose.

I get more enjoyment from the movies by imagining them all happening in the same world; fashion and technology notwithstanding.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly. But for everyone it's different, I suppose.

I get more enjoyment from the movies by imagining them all happening in the same world; fashion and technology notwithstanding.

People who let that kind of stuff detract from a film, I'll never get.

Of course the're wearing bellbottoms and butterfly collars. It was made in the 70's.

That kind of stuff can't be helped.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"