Thread: New zombie antho open: Emails of the Dead

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

New zombie antho open: Emails of the Dead

Working Title: E-mails of the Dead
    Publisher: Living Dead Press
    Release Date: Fall 2010

What we want:

E-mails about people letting people know their last feelings during a zombie outbreak. People reaching out to people when all they have is e-mail to do it by.

Your story only needs two things to qualify:

* a fun letter about the walking dead that takes place during an outbreak.
    * needs to be basically finished and edited other than small, copy-editing done by us.

Stories can range from around 500 to 1,500 words. I guess it's flash fiction but in a different way. No rambling, has to be cohesive.

Location of author:

You need to be in the U.S, UK or Canada.

What rights do we want?

First print and electronic rights to your story for 1-year after publication date, that's exclusive rights, too. After that year you can resell it. But we do have the right to use the story for as long as there is demand for the book.
    But if you need your story back earlier, let us know, it shouldn't be a problem.

What we don’t want:

No large stories. These are e-mails...letters, as people are waiting to die, maybe hiding out.

Multiple submissions are allowed, the more the merrier.

What we’re making:

E-mails of the Dead will be published as a trade paperback and an e-book (Amazon Kindle and others).

What you get:

Nothing but the fun of being in the book.
    Yeah, yeah, I know, but what do you want for a 1,000 words, gold bars?

What to send:

Make all stories SINGLE SPACED and please no tabs. Flush to the left.(the reason is software compatibility)
    other than that, standard submission rules apply.
    If you have Microsoft word Doc, then please send that way.(unless you have Word 2007, then send RTF) .
    If there are software compatibility problems, then we will ask you then to send in RTF if necessary.

Where to send it:

Send all submissions via email to livingdeadpress@yahoo.com

Please also use the same address for any questions not addressed here.

When to send it by:

Get writin'. When we have enough for a great anthology, we'll go to print. So there is no actual deadline

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Latest News?

I had sent a submission for this antho in August and was notified that you were not reading at the time. Today I saw that you are doing a similar antho for twitter, and am currently wondering what the status of the email antho is. Any update would be greatly appreciated, thank you.