Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTF?! More anti-marijuana propaganda pending legalization vote in CA

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I VERY rarely ever smoke pot (not even a handful of times a year) and I'm all for it being legalized.

I'm fairly certain it will become legal across the whole country within most of our lifetimes, as its yet another thing for the gov't to put a tax on.

United States
    Tricky, you harshed my mellow....
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I VERY rarely ever smoke pot (not even a handful of times a year) and I'm all for it being legalized.

I'm fairly certain it will become legal across the whole country within most of our lifetimes, as its yet another thing for the gov't to put a tax on.
    Coming from you, it is a surprised. Because I have seen what you look like and fit the stereotype of someone who smokes religiously.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Coming from you, it is a surprised. Because I have seen what you look like and fit the stereotype of someone who smokes religiously.
    Yeah, haha. I agree that I do look like the stereotypical stoner but you know how the saying goes: don't judge a book by it's cover.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Yeah, haha. I agree that I do look like the stereotypical stoner but you know how the saying goes: don't judge a book by it's cover.
    Isn't that the truth. When I was a teenager my friends and I were entering a concert when a cop started acting funny. There were four of us total. Three of us had smoked a bit earlier and the fourth guy was straight edge. He didn't even drink....but he had long hair and tattoos where as we didn't. The cop questioned and searched him up and down for 15 minutes. Never even looked at us "normal" kids.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Isn't that the truth. When I was a teenager my friends and I were entering a concert when a cop started acting funny. There were four of us total. Three of us had smoked a bit earlier and the fourth guy was straight edge. He didn't even drink....but he had long hair and tattoos where as we didn't. The cop questioned and searched him up and down for 15 minutes. Never even looked at us "normal" kids.
    Even short haired and "in business" I've been told I look like trouble.
    By women, of course, but police seem to not see me. It is because I'm invisible to them. Now, though, even if in the past I seemed to attract all that negative bullshit.
    Weed never did anybody wrong. Mix it with any other numerous hang ups and you are done for.
    PRIORITIZE, I say...............................

United States
    I've seen quite a bit recently mentioned about connections between Schizophrenia and other mental/psychological issues being linked with cannabis usage. Just not really my batch of brownies, I have zero interest in it.

The only "drug" (outside alcohol) I ever really enjoyed was the Colombian nose candy variety and I stay away from that due to the fact that it's expensive and I've heard nasty rumors from people that it can be bad for you (I say that's pish, but I digress). Now that stuff DID make me paranoid as all get out, I used to think that every person in the bar was a government agent and at my apartment at the time in Atlanta I used to go out to the balcony and watch the parking lot because I just *knew* that the secret gov't agents were watching me. Eh, just don't need it.

I'm perfectly content with a 12-pack of fine American piss-beer and would prefer a 12-pack over liquor or mary-jane or any other item of interest. I'm content with my alcohol addiction. The only major issue I have with beer is that after the second pitcher I become extremely friendly with the ladies which can lead to trouble and sometimes go to a bad place in my mind ("I can't believe that bitch... etc. etc.").

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    I've seen quite a bit recently mentioned about connections between Schizophrenia and other mental/psychological issues being linked with cannabis usage. Just not really my batch of brownies, I have zero interest in it.

The only "drug" (outside alcohol) I ever really enjoyed was the Colombian nose candy variety and I stay away from that due to the fact that it's expensive and I've heard nasty rumors from people that it can be bad for you (I say that's pish, but I digress). Now that stuff DID make me paranoid as all get out, I used to think that every person in the bar was a government agent and at my apartment at the time in Atlanta I used to go out to the balcony and watch the parking lot because I just *knew* that the secret gov't agents were watching me. Eh, just don't need it.

I'm perfectly content with a 12-pack of fine American piss-beer and would prefer a 12-pack over liquor or mary-jane or any other item of interest. I'm content with my alcohol addiction. The only major issue I have with beer is that after the second pitcher I become extremely friendly with the ladies which can lead to trouble and sometimes go to a bad place in my mind ("I can't believe that bitch... etc. etc.").

j.p.
    Please tell me you don't wear that hat out to meet the ladies. I know I'm giving you shit, but do yo thang.
    and on that note, I just heard evil laughter outside my window...
    From a lady, no less.
    I personally wear either a South Park or Star Wars tee to anything special, so nevermind me.
    Do yo thang...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Please tell me you don't wear that hat out to meet the ladies. I know I'm giving you shit, but do yo thang.
    and on that note, I just heard evil laughter outside my window...
    From a lady, no less.
    I personally wear either a South Park or Star Wars tee to anything special, so nevermind me.
    Do yo thang...
    Ron, are you jealous of the tail I get from the fedora? Goodness, I'll let you borrower it sometime if that's the case.

It actually belonged to my grandpa, I don't wear it too often. But the way I look at it is that just because the rest of the world has gone to hell with style doesn't mean I should -- men ought to wear a good hat, it gives style to substance. Plus donning and doffing a hat is a sign of great respect.

j.p.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

j.p.

Dude, you don't have an alcohol problem.

You drink.

Get drunk.

Pass out.

No problem.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

You drink.

Get drunk.

Pass out.

No problem.

Whoever said it was a "problem"?

You just summed up most evenings for me there, Los.

j.p.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

You drink.

Get drunk.

Pass out.

No problem.

Practice what you preach...

Plus donning and doffing a hat is a sign of great respect.

j.p.
    I will most definitely give you that. The sign of a true gentleman. I'd almost expect the same from Los Whatever, but I have to always remember he is a dark lord... of Wahhhh?

Undisclosed
    What the hell where you people smoking? LoL. I smoked marijuana during my high school years, but I was never worried about government agents. Then again, everytime I smoked it I was at a friend's house, so we were always too busy laughing our asses off or watching the christmas lights flicker.
    There was one time that we got stoned before catching the bus to school. It was on the last day of school, and I remember being memorized by the poster of the human muscular system in Biology.

United States
    I don't buy that Marijuana/THC is dangerous to everyone. Actually, i don't think it's harmful at all unless your habit is getting in the way of your normal everyday life. Put it this way, I'm 39, have been a every-day smoker for over two decades - I'm not a paranoid schizo (wait, who said that?!) nor do I have any leanings at all towards it. If this shit was as dangerous as some of the propaganda out there, there would be MILLIONS of insane people out there. In fact, most of my friends would be in looney bins by this point as they smoke way more than me.

It's like music and suicide - if you committed suicide listening to Ozzy, it's not because Ozzy or the music told you to do - you were already pre-dispositioned or in the head-space to do it in the first place. It might "help" you along, but it wasn't the sole deciding factor of your suicide. Same with this schizophrenia and marijuana - you were probably going to end up that way anyway, it may have been 'helped' along by the weed or sped up by it, but it's not the sole cause of it all... you were already on your way or leaning in that direction in the first place. It's bullshit, or everyone I know would be insane.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EDukes View Post
    What the hell where you people smoking? LoL. I smoked marijuana during my high school years, but I was never worried about government agents.
    I don't know about the others, but my "government ninjas" statement was a joke. The few times I would get paranoid, it was never really over anything in particular. It was just that overwhelming feeling that something is going to happen.

It was rare when that would happen with me, though. Now I don't really smoke except for special occasions and it seems to work out fine. Sometimes I miss smoking everyday, but as I've said before - It's just not worth losing my house and family over. I won't keep any in the house, but should a friend bring some over for a night of grilling and drinking....