Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Zombies vs Vampires' TV series...

UK
    I'm guessing this is the start of that slippery slope towards teenage zombie heartthrobs, I can just see it now - will Kimberly get her dream date to the highschool prom with Troy, the totally buff zombie jock? Find out next week on Beverly Hills Graveyard 90210...

I feel sick...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    I'm guessing this is the start of that slippery slope towards teenage zombie heartthrobs, I can just see it now - [I]will Kimberly get her dream date to the highschool prom with Troy, the totally buff zombie jock?
    Yeah, if she can just get his nose and ears to stop falling off. Not to mention his Johnson!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Swear to Gawd, I'd rather see "Abbott and Costello meet the Living Dead".
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Atleast we would get intentional laughs out of it.

We'd be laughing with it instead of at it.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Who wants to bet that Walking Dead wipes the floor with this shit?

United States
    yeah, the TWD will be beyond epic, i don't think there's any doubt about that. in fact, given how captivating both mad men and breaking bad are, i think that TWD will be off-the-charts and unlike anything we've ever seen.

i'm not even bothering looking up the link about this, as the recent mainstream vampire craze and the silly title of this project are enough to make me aware of what kind of shit this will be.

no thanks.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Who wants to bet that Walking Dead wipes the floor with this shit?
    Dude... I'd not build up expectations too much!

And can we remember one of the most enjoyable zombie flicks in the past decade was a farcical black comedy (Shaun of the Dead)? So why condemn this new idea so quickly?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The effects are awesome but that's not what's getting me worked up about it.

An ongoing series FINALLY gives the chance to explore scenarios that we've discussed ad nauseum here and can give a sense of scope and epicness to the whole thing.

How are diffent gov'ts reacting to this like China, North Korea, the Muslim World.

What are the religious implications?

Would countries actually use nukes when they feel that all is lost?

That would be utterly fascinating to watch unfold.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dude...it's called Zombies Vs Vampires. When was the last time you saw anything with VS in the title that turned out good?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Monsters vs. Aliens?

United States
    Obama vs McCain.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    No shit!

Hell i'd sooner throw money to see the "Three Stooges of the Dead".

NBC at it again,huh. The creator of Who in Progress??? Dont remember hearin about that one. Of course it would be Pathetically hilarious if they did stick Stamos in this steaming monkey turd of an exuse for a show premise.

WALKING DEAD! WALKING DEAD! WALKING DEAD!
    "Some describe them as ordinary looking people,others say they appear to be in some kind of trance.....others describe them as mis-shapen monsters,and things that look like people,but act like animals...Some describe seeing victims that look as tho they have been torn apart!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Epidemic79 View Post
    WALKING DEAD! WALKING DEAD! WALKING DEAD!
    I don't think it's an exageration to say that this is the best thing to happen to the genre in...I can't even remember when.

Seriously, when was the last really good zombie film made?

Most of our nerdom on this subject comes from what the genre potentially could be not what it really is.

CAuse let's face it the genre is by and large a joke at present time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I don't think it's an exageration to say that this is the best thing to happen to the genre in...I can't even remember when.
    As far as anticipation, it hasn't been this high since Land. The end result was varied obviously, but the anticipation leading up to it was HUGE. That's how I feel about TWD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    As far as anticipation, it hasn't been this high since Land. The end result was varied obviously, but the anticipation leading up to it was HUGE. That's how I feel about TWD.
    Well, let's hope it turns out better than land. I'd like to think the genre's best days are still ahead.