Thread: Increase weekly number of fiction reads?

United States

Increase weekly number of fiction reads?

Recall the seven fiction reads per week limit was added few years back, with the rush of new visitors to the website.

Any chance to increase the number of reads per week?
    Last edited by Eyebiter; 07-Aug-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Recall the seven fiction reads per week limit was added few years back, with the rush of new visitors to the website.

Any chance to increase the number of reads per week?
    7.5 be OK?

I'll have a look

ps: It's the highest hit area of the site (depending how busy this forum is), hence the care.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Check back on the 1st of October
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Looks good to me, Neil. I'll make an effort to take advantage of it, but I hope this doesn't hurt the bottom line with paying customers. After all, anything that helps defray the cost of keeping this place up & running I'm all for.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 04-Oct-2010 at 07:34 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Looks good to me, Neil. I'll make an effort to take advantage of it, but I hope this doesn't hurt the bottom line with paying customers. After all, anything that helps defray the cost of keeping this place up & running I'm all for.

Thanks again!
    Well, I'm hoping the advertising will do that... Hence why I ask folks to not run an advert blocker on the site....
    -Carl Sagan