Thread: So, any Starcraft 2 players on here?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

So, any Starcraft 2 players on here?

I got the game on launch and had a great time with campaign and im starting to get into the online play. Trying out protoss since it plays the most like the undead i was best with in warcraft 3 (never played starcraft 1 till i got it free with this). so far i'm getting my as handed to me as terrans in practice matches so im hope im gonna improve sometime soon but still having fun regardless.

Any other players on here?

-oh, by the way, if you havent played it yet its got a very satisfying story campaign mode. great mission variety and characters that teaches you the game ropes and at the same time tells a story leaving you wanting more and i can't wait for the zerg expansion , heart of the swarm, to follow this up.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    found this, i lol'ed

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I just picked it up. A year late, yes. I'm loving the campaign, but I don't dig that they've removed Firebats, Medics and Vultures in Multiplayer mode. Why? I know, I know, we get Helios', Medivacs and Diamondbacks instead, but still. Firebats and Medics especially. I would love it if the expansion made them somehow available. Maybe make it so that you could go down different tech tree routes with the Terrans. One for Infantry and one for Vehicles, and depending on which you picked, you'd favour either the Barracks or the War Factory.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im pretty sure a few ARE being added into multi for heart of the swarm actually.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm sure they will, they always do (they've done it since Brood War, at least).

I just miss them Firebats. I just realized Goliaths aren't available in Multiplayer either, but I don't really have a problem with it considering Vikings kick so much ass.

I always figured the Zerg were the equivalent of the Undead, tho. At least that's how it was in Wc3 / Sc1. The Undead were the fantasy version of the Zerg. They needed creep to build on, etc. etc.,

Then again, the Undead had the same ability as the protoss when it came to placing buildings.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah i was an undead player in wc1 and that ability lead me to protoss first in sc2 then zerg, had no idea how to play it and just kep spreading creep and shitting out larva at first. now i think its the most fun. terrans just kind of bleh. but then i never play humans in a game where i can play otherwise, seems kind of vanilla.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Heading down the Multiplayer path now. Playing mostly 3v3 cause I'm too bad to make it realistically in 1v1 so far. I shift focus on tactics from time to time but I've been marine-heavy for quite awhile now. I used to do Marines - Medivacs - Battlecruisers, now I do Marines and do early drops with two medivacs filled with 8 marines each. Rarely do they win the game, but often do they kill entire lines of drones/probes/scvs. And that's a nice plus. Oh and I always, always go Stimpack first. The damage boost is fantastic. 16 marines can level a command center in a short while.

Other than that I've begun placing a few Marauders in my army for those moments when Marine drops aren't enough. They make short work of Thors and Roaches.

Of course, Siege Tanks an Banelings are my nemesis'... Doesn't seem like Protoss have that good a combo against Marines until they get the Colossi end-game. I love it when they go mass-Voids. Marines chew those starships up like there's no tomorrow.