Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avengers (film)

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

The Avengers (film)

Nothing concrete but still a fun read.

Which villains or storylines would you guys like to see?

http://comics.ign.com/articles/111/1110912p1.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    My money is on The Hulk. I read a while back that he was probably the villian, then they also replaced Edward Norton for Mark Ruffalo. Maybe Norton didn't want to be the baddie?

This is going to be an extremely difficult film for Whedon and Marvel to pull off....

Comic Con Teaser, BTW

United States
    Hulk, definitely.

He's already recast.

I think it'll be like the original comics, where the Hulk is being manipulated by Loki. Why not? They'll be coming off of the Thor movie...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    My money is on The Hulk. I read a while back that he was probably the villian, then they also replaced Edward Norton for Mark Ruffalo. Maybe Norton didn't want to be the baddie?

This is going to be an extremely difficult film for Whedon and Marvel to pull off....

Comic Con Teaser, BTW

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Hulk, definitely.

He's already recast.

I think it'll be like the original comics, where the Hulk is being manipulated by Loki. Why not? They'll be coming off of the Thor movie...

At the end of the new hulk movie, Stark approaches General Ross about getting the hulk to join a "team" that he was putting together, so it's already set up fo that.

It sounds like hulk is good money.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Damn, I saw the topic and thought Darth was vack to posting again. Oh, well.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A small teaser with footage. Strangely this is attached to a yahoo promo that gives away the ending of Captain America?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT9g4_0UnxI
    Last edited by bassman; 29-Jul-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    A small teaser with footage. Strangely this is attached to a yahoo promo that gives away the ending of Captain America?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT9g4_0UnxI
    cap coming to modern times is about as big a spoiler that darth vader is luke skywalkers father and clark kent is actually the last some of krypton and batmans parents where shot when he was a child. its part of the characters 'origin' and has been part of pop culture for longer than most of us have actually existed. id say its kosher to "spoil".

another spoil, he will also throw a shield quite fast at some german men. sorry, i could not keep this eldritch secret in the dark for any longer.

-sarcasm mode completed, genuine comment mode initiate:

looks neat- though thor looks kinda funny, like he lost his beard but got that irritating "every american actor in the 90s" stubble thing going on and it looks off. one the whole im excited for the first big budget team movie- that said it IS joss whedon so you know exactly whats going to happen. one liner dialogue, strong women emasculating men because all men are only good for licking womens feet, when he doesnt know how to make a scene 'sad' he will kill the blonde haired 'funny' character to artificially force emotion and so on and so forth.

the man can write great characters but even when its not his story he only ever writes the same one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    cap coming to modern times is about as big a spoiler that darth vader is luke skywalkers father and clark kent is actually the last some of krypton and batmans parents where shot when he was a child. its part of the characters 'origin' and has been part of pop culture for longer than most of us have actually existed. id say its kosher to "spoil".

another spoil, he will also throw a shield quite fast at some german men. sorry, i could not keep this eldritch secret in the dark for any longer.
    Hardy-har-har.

Of course any comic fan or movie fan knows that he'll be making it into the present day for The Avengers, but the general audience probably doesn't know yet. Not only that, but it does give away that it happens at the end of Captain America rather than the beginning of Avengers.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Hardy-har-har.

Of course any comic fan or movie fan knows that he'll be making it into the present day for The Avengers, but the general audience probably doesn't know yet. Not only that, but it does give away that it happens at the end of Captain America rather than the beginning of Avengers.
    one of the big media news stories of last year was the 'death of captain america' though, it was him killed on the steps of congress or something, not 'death by nazis'. that and he is one of the most mainstream advertised ones behind spiderman, superman and batman and enough people absorb this stuff from general background advertising. its really no secret by now. how else could he be in every marvel thing ever with spiderman and wolverine? im sure anyone who has never read a comic doesnt think spiderman was alive during world war 2.

though that would be a good comic to read.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's not about whether or not he would die in his film. Everyone knows that's not going to happen. It's also not about whether or not he was going to come back at all. The spoiler was when and how he was going to come back. For instance....I haven't seen Captain America yet. I had no idea whether he would be awakened in the present day or if the movie would end with a "sleeping" cliffhanger that leads to the Avengers. Which was very much possible considering how Marvel is doing their best to tie everything together. That's now spoiled for me. It's minor....but a spoiler nevertheless.

Especially when the movie has only been out for a week or so. I haven't seen it yet, so i'm a bit disappointed that I've now seen this. It would have had a much harder impact seeing it in order on the big screen. It's just one of those things that are often given away during marketing, I guess.

Undisclosed
    Hardy-har-har.

This shows my age ( and I haven't seen the movie yet. )but when I was a kid, my folks got me a Captain America comic along with a 45 record of the comic.
    Yes, it was the story of his resurrection and joining The Avengers.
    I was so pissed about what I thought happened to Bucky, I didn't follow Capt A too much beyond that.

This is also one of those things you wished you kept as it would be worth some serious coin today - I'm sure.

Wayne Z

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    I was so pissed about what I thought happened to Bucky, I didn't follow Capt A too much beyond that.
    Good news, everybody! Bucky didn't actually die! He lived!

...until last month when he died for real.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Trailer: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

Looks like a fun time at the movies. Cool to finally see Ruffalo's Hulk.
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Oct-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: .