Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So is this getting a UK showing?

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Do we know what time in the evening it's on?
    It's on in front of True Blood with airs at 10pm Fridays
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Do we know what time in the evening it's on?
    Past your bed time?

Seriously though, I'd wager 10pm.

Administrator

England
    It's on at 9pm? No way! Too early surely!?!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    It's on at 9pm? No way! Too early surely!?!?
    Don't forget is a 1 1/2 hr show as well so maybe their pushing True Blood back until The Walking Dead finishes

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    I can't believe they're going to put it on at 9pm. It's too early!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Or maybe it just makes the UK even more awesome.

I'd forgotten about the first episode being a feature length one as well ... ooooooh, another reason to do the 'boner dance of anticipation'.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Or maybe it just makes the UK even more awesome.

I'd forgotten about the first episode being a feature length one as well ... ooooooh, another reason to do the 'boner dance of anticipation'.
    Three weeks to go... tick... tick... tick...
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England

Was the first part of deadset not a 9pm showing?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Was the first part of deadset not a 9pm showing?
    Can't recall!?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its after the water shed dude, that and 'normal' people go to sleep by like 10-10:30 so its a pretty reasonable time

England
    10pm it is then

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Putting it out on FX is really crap for me... I dont have that channel. I love all things zombie but dont watch enough telly to justify getting another channel. whats wrong with BBC or ITV?

Super Moderator

UK
    BBC would never show it in a million years. It'll be way too gory for them, I'd imagine, or too good really. They don't "do" zombies, the BBC. I remember they showed Dawn a few years back and it was cut to ribbons, and ITV have plenty of financial woes to be dealing with so they couldn't afford it no doubt, but if they did have some cash to spare they'd be more likely to buy it out of those two ... however, you never know, perhaps Channel 4 will pick it up for terrestrial/freeview UK airing.

Administrator

England
    BBC would never show it in a million years. It'll be way too gory for them, I'd imagine, or too good really. They don't "do" zombies, the BBC. I remember they showed Dawn a few years back and it was cut to ribbons, and ITV have plenty of financial woes to be dealing with so they couldn't afford it no doubt, but if they did have some cash to spare they'd be more likely to buy it out of those two ... however, you never know, perhaps Channel 4 will pick it up for terrestrial/freeview UK airing.
    Yeh, not really BBCs or ITVs bag is it... Channel 4 maybe...
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    They don't "do" zombies, the BBC. I remember they showed Dawn a few years back and it was cut to ribbons.
    Speaking of which Dawn of the Dead is on BBC4 on Monday (10pm for those that were interested). Im going to give it a watch to see how it differs from my DVD which from what I can gather is missing some good bits.
    If Goonies never die are they all Zombies??!!