Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So is this getting a UK showing?

Administrator

England

So is this getting a UK showing?

Apologies for my ignorance, ive been away from broadband and sky for too long.. is this series getting a UK showing and what channel should i keep an eye out for if it is?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yes. AMC partnered up with Fox and one of the producers at comic con said that no matter where you live in the world, you'll see TWD in October.

We've just learned that it premieres in the states on October 24th, so I imagine you guys will probably get it sometime around then as well. Your FXHD network is supposed to be showing a trailer tomorrow, so look for the date on that.

Exciting, isn't it?
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Aug-2010 at 07:37 PM.

United Kingdom
    Yeah, like he said, FX and FXHD are showing it over here in October. I'm glad it's on that channel, one of my favourites.
    Kill 'em All

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Your FXHD network is supposed to be showing a trailer tomorrow, so look for the date on that.
    Internet only tomorrow i think

http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    well my lot haven't said anything about acquiring it so it'll most likely be on C4, E4, FX, or probably Hallmark hahaha
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here's a nice little article covering the marketing and release of TWD. Apparently it's one of the first shows to be aired simultaneously as a global event. And the marketing sounds like it's going to be fun.

So whether it be on Halloween night like the US or shortly after, it looks like we'll all be seeing the show within a few days, at least. If not less...

Local TV networks are increasingly trying to keep more up to date with U.S. TV schedules, heeding viewers' demand for new shows and fears that they will inadvertently come across "spoilers" online. For example, many channels showed the finale of ABC's hit "Lost" in simulcast with the U.S. broadcast in May, because there was great fear among fans they would find out what happened by mistake. In the U.K., the BBC has brought forward the latest season of AMC's "Mad Men" in response to the show's growing number of fans. Now the U.K. is only six episodes behind, rather than six months as before.

"'The Walking Dead' is the first time a series has launched to audiences internationally so close to its premiere in the U.S., and the first time FIC is launching an entertainment show across all of our channels at almost the same time," said Alexandra Marinescu, FIC senior director-marketing and communications. "Considering the global scale, we wanted to make sure that viewers from Buenos Aires to Moscow are targeted with the same core campaign, so that we have consistency in the messaging."

Starting later this month, the campaign will run in Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa in on-air, outdoor and print advertising, as well as guerrilla marketing, PR stunts and trade marketing. The exception will be the U.S., where AMC, which is airing the show, is doing its own campaign.

Fittingly, the series will premiere in the U.S. on Halloween, Oct. 31. This marks the first time AMC has signed with a single distributor for international rights. FIC estimates the show will reach an audience speaking 33 languages over those 120 countries. The graphic novel of "The Walking Dead," written by Robert Kirkman and published in 2003, tells the story of a group of people who have survived a zombie disaster and are trying to find a safe, secure place to live.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Confirmed:

I'm cutting promos for this now - its going to be on FX HD hopefully in October (the show, not the promo.) in the UK.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You're working on promos for TWD? Awesome, man. Do tell, do tell.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looking at this new poster, it seems that the official date for our UK friends is November 5th.

5 days isn't too bad, although I thought it would be sooner...
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Sep-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Administrator

England
    Seems really odd to me that their missing out on a halloween night premier by 5 days? Surely it would make more sense to show it a week earlier..

Administrator

England
    Looking at this new poster, it seems that the official date for our UK friends is November 5th.

Really do not get it... So they're risking people obtaining the US airings of the episode(s), instead of watching it in the UK (or what ever country)? Thus risking the advertising revenue!

I don't understand why they simply cannot be shown at the same time (day)...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England

Its been confirmed for Nov 5th for quite some time now.
    I'll be watchiing the day after Halloween though
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    But will the dvd be out in time for Christmas? I don't get FX.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    You're working on promos for TWD? Awesome, man. Do tell, do tell.
    It's just a corporate thing really, nothing that's going to broadcast unfortunately. Just a nice channel highlights reel and TWD is on there...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Its been confirmed for Nov 5th for quite some time now.
    I'll be watchiing the day after Halloween though
    Do we know what time in the evening it's on?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan